Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1954 belair weather stripping help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Iceman7578, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Iceman7578

Iceman7578

Hey everyone, I've done some searches but keep coming up empty. I'm putting new door weather stripping in my 54 belair. I ordered it from ecklers early Chevy but there's no instructions included. The car doesn't currently have weather stripping in it so I don't have a reference. Anyone know how it goes in? Thanks everyone.

2. Iceman7578

Iceman7578

3. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I don't know how it goes but I just did my 62 galaxy trunk and doors and can tell you what to use and how to apply it.3M weatherstrip adhesive black,apply to the metal and the rubber let it tack up (about 5 minutes) the press the weatherstrip in place.mine is still on after getting a soaking from hurricane Joaquin!

4. Iceman7578

Iceman7578

Thanks for the help. I got the 3M adhesvive and whatnot. I got the trunk done, that was pretty straight forward. The doors are tricky. Not sure if it goes on the door or the body, which direction.. no instructions sent.. Seems like something this simple should be well, simple... Glad to hear you made it through the hurricane, hope everything else stayed dry too! Thanks again.

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

On the doors. It would be easier if you remove the doors.

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

FWIW, I've never seen instructions come with weather stripping. I'd check another 54 chevy.

7. Tri five weather strip is about the same look at one of them. Square corner goes to the door. Leave the taller part up and in towards the body. Small amounts of brush on super glue work great.