Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Oldsmobile gas tank options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jkeesey, Jul 18, 2013.

1. jkeesey

jkeesey

We have just found several small leaks in the original tank of our 1953 Olds 98. Does anyone know if any other cars tanks would cross over and fit without too much fuss? Im trying not to spend a lot of money. A brand new tank for the car is $350. For a price that high I will end up making my own.

2. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

Around here $100 will get you a full boil, repair, and pressure test from our local radiator shop. Might be an affordable way to go if its not too far gone...

3. oldolds

oldolds

Check out the sizing of a 55 Chevy tank. More mass produced. Might be cheaper.

4. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

We just put a tank that was advertised for a 54 Buick in my buddies 53 Olds. A lot cheaper than anything we could find specifically for the Olds. We got it from Tanks through a vendor on egay. You pick where the filler neck is located on the side.

5. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I've gone that route several times.

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I have a poly tank from a '93 Caddy Fleetwood under my '48 Pontiac convert. It fit nicely between the rails, and it'll never rust. Have you done any junk-yard scrounging to see what may be close? That'd be my first step...

Brian