Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1953 Mercury Hardtop Mild Kustom Air Ride

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by thunderroad, Jun 25, 2014.

1. thunderroad

thunderroad
    from san mateo

City: San Mateo

State: California
    Price: 15,000
    1953 Mercury 2dr hardtop. Was done in the late 80's. Was an older gentlemen's kustom. I bought for my Dad but he's to big for her. She has a fresh 351 Cleveland and a C6 trans. Trans is still shifted by column shifter using lokar adaptor. Stock rear end, she will roast the tires off the rims still cruises down the freeway no issues. Just had the breaks fully gone thru. Still stock breaks but stop just fine. Just had the radiator fully rebuilt and put an electric fan on her. A tree branch went through the front grill and tore up the radiator. She's perfect now. Interior is looks fairly new , with some sun fading here and there in the white. The front seat currently is bolted down, I was going to move it back 3" for my dad to fit in her. You can move the seat back up to stock holes , or drill the seat to where you fit best. Headliner looks killer. The body has been frenched, shaved, molded hood and side vents. She has air ride, front and back up and down. 5 gal air tank and a brand new zenith pump. if you want the car to go lower just install drop spindles, change the 3" block in the rear to a 4" drop. Headlights, taillights all work like they should. no heater, ac or stereo. Windows roll up and down fine. Stainless looks good just bumps and dings here and there. The paint on the car still looks amazing. Heavy metallic brandy wine. Body has some paint chipped, and bumps and scratches, I took pics to point out the best. Also so rust bubbles in rear wheel wells. Little surface rust on the rear bumper. Over all shes not a Show car, but a Badass old school cruiser. She part of a huge car collection and just need to make some room. She currently is NonOp with Dmv since we don't drive her. Not looking for any trades unless you have a new ls3 supercharged crate motor then lets talk.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    air up[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. thunderroad

thunderroad
    from san mateo

3. thunderroad

thunderroad
    from san mateo

4. thunderroad

thunderroad
    from san mateo

5. thunderroad

thunderroad
    from san mateo

Sold!! Thanks !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!