Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1953 GMC 3600 brake hydraulic Part Numbers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, May 28, 2019.

1. Having a heck of a time finding art numbers for the 3/4 ton truck. Anyone have good numbers for the front and rear wheel cylinders and brake hoses? Thanks in advance.

2. squirrel

squirrel

did you look on rockauto.com?

Might do some research, as in figure out what sizes the cylinders are, before you order, just to make sure you get the right ones.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  3. Thanks Guys, Anyone have part numbers?

4. squirrel

squirrel

Well...what is the model number of the truck? Chevy 3/4 ton is a 3600, but a GMC is something else.

And did you measure the bores of the old wheel cylinders?

Wheel Cylinders: RAYBESTOS WC18009
    FitsRear; 3600 Model
    OrFront; 3600 Model; 3800 Model

Hoses: RAYBESTOS BH4497 {#454497}
    FitsRear Center; 3100 Model; 3600 Model; 3800 Model; 3900 Model
    OrFront; 3600 Model; 3800 Model; 3900 Model

might get you started, if Chevy parts are the same as GMC.

5. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

6. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

That's a good point. Once upon a time I used to mess with these trucks (I've owned five:eek:) I found getting the right parts for the Chevy's wasn't a problem, but GMC's could be tricky, especially the years close to parts transitions that had occurred on the Chevy's. Back then, GMC would many times, carry over parts that had been superseded in the Chevy line until the inventory had been depleted. Most of it was running gear, steering and brake parts, so many times you were never really sure what was what, unless you had the part in hand.

7. The GM Canada book for Chevy I have lists two cylinders. 3/4 and 1 ton both list a 1 1/4 diameter bore. If you have the casting number on the cylinder, It will be easy to get the part number.
    If not, I can get the information broken down by the Chev model designation. I don't have anything listed specifically for the GMC, that is why the casting number will be helpful.
    Bob

8. OK Guys, The Dorman part number is W18009.

Thanks.

tb33anda3rd likes this.