Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Chevy Club Coupe - Tips on chop and other custom work.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8-Rider, Aug 17, 2006.

1. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

A good friend of mine (not a HAMB'er) has bought a 53 Chevy Club Coupe this summer.
    It's a daily driver now'adays but he is thinkin' about lowering the roof and maybe do som other mods to it furter on.
    For now it has gotten some scallops just for fun. Done an afternoon out in the sun.

It would be nice if anyone had some pics of chopped / customised club coupes for inspiration.
    .......and feel free to photochop the sucker to your own desires.
    Will be apreciated.

Paul

Attached Files:

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

3. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

we've been on the 50chevy site.

Was kinda hoping that someone on here had some building pics etc. Always nice with some tips and hints when chopping a car for the first time.

It's getting closer to the ground oin a few days.

4. colorado51

colorado51

Nice car, and fairly rare too! They didnt make a lot of 53 & 54 Coupes compared to the 49-52 Coupes.

5. loogy

loogy

Yeah, numbers are pretty low for the '53 Coupes both Business and Club. They are reasonably rare. They didn't make any Coupes in '54. I'm still looking for a set of Club Coupe rear window trim if you happen to know of any.

Check out this thread on chopping a '49 Chevy coupe. The roof shape is very similar to the '53 Chevy Coupe's. If you like the look of this style of chop, the pictures in that thread show just how simple it can be.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119338

On my '53 Coupe I wanted the side windows to be just a bit longer than normal. This added LOADS of extra work. It will be worth it in my opinion. Not that I don't like the look of the chop in the thread mentioned above, I do. I just have a habit of doing things the hard way.

[​IMG]

6. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Chris

I totaly agree with you on the longer sidewindows.

Very nice car you have there.

Paul

7. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

There is that car again !! Look at the roofline,look at the shape of the windows,look how everything flows beautifully,this is the best '53 Chevy chop job ever done.00Mack once said "if Jerry Quesnel would have had a Chevy..." and I'm not saying all this because Chris is very good friend of mine,he also pays good money...seriously,I love that car and Paul,you already found the man,don't look no further,you won't find anything better.

8. rodknocker

rodknocker

Check out the post from "Tony" he laid it out nice on how to chop a top

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

these are much easier to chop than regular 53-54's cuz of the back window. I would prefer the slanted post look... here's about 3"

Attached Files:

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's some skirts, no spot, frenched lights, shaved hood, no bumper gaurds and a different grille... and a bit more off the top

Attached Files:

11. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Nice touches fink

I like the simple front look and the search has to go.
    I've never been to keen on searchlights on cars newer than 48.
    I think they belong on customs from the 40's. My 2 cents

I'm with you Frenz. that roofline is so nice it can be.

Fell free to share some more photos Chris. It would be very nice if you could drop a few with higher resolutions on email. [email protected]

Thanks guys. The HAMB comes trough as always. :):)

My friend has a job to do this winter.

Paul

12. poncho

poncho

holy frick..i have never seen a '53 coupe before !!,,or just have never noticed them before,,,didnt even know they made them in '53!!!they look kool ass hell... loogy,,yours look great,,...