Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Chevy 3100 pick up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deana, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Deana

Deana

I have a 1953 Chevy cab just ordered so not the original. I was told that it makes a bit difference where you get the door latches.

Some are not as good as others and I want to start out right and avoid headaches.

Any ideas or hints?

Diana

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Do you want stock or aftermarket? Most of the suppliers have stock style but these are not the best at holding the door closed, though I have never tried new ones. The aftermarket style bear claws are much
    safer but will take a little more work to install. The Altman easy latch kit has a good rep but is a bit pricey. Some have robbed latches off smaller cars such a vw's and had good results.
    I ordered mine from a member here who makes them, much better price than Altman and seems like
    a quality piece, though I have not installed them yet. Unfortunately my CRS means his contact info
    escapes me, perhaps he will post it for you. I can say his customer service was excellent.

3. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

http://www.hotrodlatches.com/default.asp
    This is who jetnow1 is referring to. I have purchased from him as well. Great parts and service.
    I have Altman on my 52 and love them. Almost true bolt on.

4. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Yep that is him. Thanks for giving him the credit due.

DIYGUY likes this.