Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1953 Buick Fireball straight 8 whats it worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldkrow, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldkrow

Oldkrow

Hello, folks! So here we have a very clean and excellent running Fireball Straight 8 form a 53 Buick Special. I"m wondering whats its work as I'm considering selling it. 12V conversion, runs great. New coil and Pertronix ignition components. IMG_2148 (1).JPG IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2149 (1).JPG

2. belair

belair

Not much demand. You're going to have luck onto someone who needs a replacement for their dead straight 8. Not often found in anything but the kind of Buick they came out of. Too long (and heavy?) for an easy fit into any kind of A or early 30's coupe, then add the difficulty of trying to not use a Buick transmission, and you have a receipe for an orphaned engine. You really need a guy who really needs that engine: both of you are looking for a unicorn, i.e. each other. How badly do you want to get rid of it as opposed to how badly he wants/needs it.

Oldkrow and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are great engines, and if you were closer I might be interested but it's a long haul from Olympia to Eastern Kansas. Was there a manual or automatic transmission behind it? The crankshaft for a manual is different than for an automatic.

Also, when you lift it, maybe put the chain closer to the engine than way out there on the intake. I'd be a shame to have the intake crack, or break off and the whole deal come crashing down on your foot.

Hnstray and Oldkrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.