Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953-1956 F100 Steering Box Fluid Amount

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JunkOSC, Jun 28, 2010.

1. I have a Gemmer 3CC03 steering box in my model A, I'm not sure of oil amount? I found that guys are filling up the original model A box's until it runs out the filler hole. Not sure with the F100 box?? Thanks for the help in advance! Oh, should I use 600W oil in that? THANKS!!

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  2. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Recently rebuilt my stock box as well. Classic Performance Products has a great set of instructions which says to fill it until it runs out the filler hole. No specific amount is listed. I used 90 W gear oil as per their article too. Here is a link to download the PDF instructions. Hope this helps. http://www.classicperform.com/tech_articles/TechFordSteeringBox.pdf

3. Thanks ChekrdPast...

4. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Glad I could help.

5. hmuchler

hmuchler

This past weekend I put the steering box back in the t-bucket. I really need to read that file you posted. It answered three or four questions for me. It was the best steering education I have found.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.
  6. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Those instructions are the best out there for the stock Gemmer boxes. It made the rebuild a breeze. The one problem I had was there was some gear oil leaking from the star washer on the adjustment screw. If you run into this with yours a copper rimmed rubber or nylon crush washer should do the trick. Glad it was useful.

Hotrodjohn71 likes this.