Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1952 Plymouth Suburban

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kalve, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Check out the information I just posted about serial numbers and engine numbers. Your car title may be correct.

2. Kalve

Kalve

no car title not correct title says P23 & Body number on car says P22 & it says 4S on title for body & mileage one title & car does not match. The title says over 80K car says 70K.

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I did not see indicated what State you are in, but you may be better off looking into acquiring a 'Bonded Title' and
    forgetting about the title you received with the car. I believe you would need a suitable Bill of Sale from the party you purchased it from and use the serial number that appears on the car for that BoS.

Ray

31Dodger likes this.
  4. So....there was no title number verification during the purchase of the car? Yep....sounds like the seller gave you a title for a four door sedan instead of a two door wagon. Is there a way to get hold of the seller and get the correct title? If he won't give you the correct title, you might have to get a cop and visit the guy to get your money back. The cop may be able to do what they call a "civil standby" while you try to get your money or traded car back. The cop cannot force the person to cooperate, but it's worth a try. He can stand there and look intimidating to the seller. Sounds like the guy wanted your other car and screwed you.

Hnstray likes this.
  5. I suggest a FULL STOP on your spending more money on that car until you get the title squared away. Here's the thing....you buy parts, fix it up and THEN find out the car still belongs to someone else. AND....they can take the car from you as well as the parts you installed on it.

Hnstray likes this.
  6. Sorry for the bad news.

Hnstray likes this.
  7. Kalve

Kalve

What I was told about the car is the guy I got it from he bought the car in a package deal from a guy in NC. The guy was over the estate were family died & he was there was selling some vehicles. The guy I got the car from said he bought a 70 Challenger 49 Plymouth Suburban & this 51/52 Plymouth Suburban. He said title he gave me was the title he was given for the car. An that he has had the car sitting for about a year an never did anything with it to busy working on the Challenger & did not want to mess with this car just get rid of it.

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

well, that may be his story, and it may be true, but even so, it's no help to you. You need to think about protecting your interests a bit more aggressively.

Ray