Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 f1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustang6147, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I have a gas line and filter question....

The original tank was loaded with rust, the guy put two inline filters before the pump.

I replaced the tank, and am replacing the line to the fuel pump, the line going to the carb is steel and real nice. SO lets here some recomendations.

Do I run a line from the tank to the pump, then cut the steel line from the pump to the carb for a filter? or do I put the filter in the rubber line before the pump? leaving the steel line untouched?

I have never been a fan of a filter before the pump. I like them on the pressure side. The truck had a bog on take off, probably because of everything I just mentioned. Its the priginal 6 Overhead valve engine. (not flathead)

Give me feed back please

2. belair

belair

I would just put one on the carb side of the pump.

3. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I've never been a fan of cutting nice original steel lines just for a filter, and that Cost Clipper 6 isn't going to draw much fuel- I would filter it before the pump and keep a spare in the glovebox

4. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Thanks, we hate to cut the nice lookin line.