Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1952 Chevy Panel Truck - Clear Texas Title

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by The Shift Wizard, Feb 15, 2019.

1. City: New Braunfels

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $10,000
    SOLD! Y'all missed out on a great, discounted deal.

DSCN0050.JPG
    The good is...... It's mostly all there so you shouldn't have to spend a lot for parts. So with a bit of labor, you can double the value and have double equity for your out of pocket cost.
    It's an unfinished project I bought a while back. I thought I was ambitious enough to finish it. Well, I'm not. It has the SBC 350 and 350 trans, 4-wheel disk brakes, new alloy wheels/old tires, an A/C system that I was told has never been charged and put to use, a lot of new chrome on the exterior except for door handles but no new chrome inside, a new looking exhaust system. I was told very little about the details and I've not researched at all to figure it out. So if I miss-state anything, it is unintentional. I've rounded down my asking price to below what it should fetch parted out.
    DSCN0022.JPG
    The Bad......... The engine doesn't appear all that fresh, although I was told it was. It does run, though. The welding on the chassis and suspension is what we call "chicken shit", amateurish looking and doubtful penetration, etc. The welding is a do-over. The paint is recent but there are a few things that didn't get removed and were painted over. The interior hasn't been started on except for a pair of old, used seats and some indications of older restoration touches. It has new, working gauges, though.
    panel5.jpg Panel7.jpg
    The Ugly........
    It's got these minivan windows grafted in!?! I was told a wifey wanted 'em so hubby put 'em in. They do help with lane changes and claustrophobic cargo, though. I would call the rest of the truck absolutely traditional. I played with the idea of adding paint lettering or vinyl graphics onto the window glass just to "hide them in plain sight".
    DSCN0053.JPG DSCN0052.JPG
    These are just some photos I have on hand. I'm not taking new photos if I can help it because there's a lot of garage crap that would have to be moved. I encourage a buyer to inspect it in person and don't rely on photos at all. It's too easy for pix to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. If the wheels are not to your liking, I like 'em well enough to negotiate something off the price. The same for the axillary lights on the front bumper; if I keep those, you save.
    Let's talk.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. I had a couple of nibbles but no one swallowed the bait yet.

3. Price drop. $9.000
    I just bought another vehicle and I'm running out of space. :eek:

4. Bump for a price drop. Moving-animated-finger-pointing-up.gif

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  5. Bump for a price drop.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  6. I've got a 3-car garage and 5 cars. So 2 of them are baking paint and interiors in the blazing hot Texas sun. I have to sell this truck to make room for one of the others in the garage.

In short....... I'm motivated and ready to make a deal! It makes no sense to me to hold out while causing mega UV damage to my other cars.