Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1952 Chevrolet 2-door Styleline

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by gsnort, May 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been told that all Chevy 4X4 S-10 rear axles will fit under my Chevy. Will a 2000 Tahoe 4X4 rear axle fit, as well? . I measured from outside brake rotor to outside brake rotor. It turned out to be 59 1/2 inches. The '52 Chevy is 60 inches. However, I don't know if I measured correctly, or not. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

2. You have to measure from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface. Not just from the edge of the disk....I'm pretty sure that a Tahoe axle is way to wide. And I believe it is 6 lug as well. Earlier s10 or first gen camaro axles bolt in. A mid 80's gm G body rear fits great but you have to weld spring pads to it.

3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

4. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I, too, own a 52 Chevy Styleline, and a Blazer 4X4 rear end works perfectly.

5. Besides trucks, 55 to '57 Chevy works, early Camaro's work.

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Around 60 inches drum-to-drum surface is what works best. Lots of rear-ends out there that will fit and work, some are easier than others. The Tri-Five is the easiest, you just have to re-drill the spring pad pin locating hole 1 1/2 inches forward. Some of the EARLY Nova/Camaro (and their other GM counterparts) work well also. The S-10/Blazer 4 X 4 rear ends are popular as long as you don't put a LOT of power to them. I think your Tahoe rear end, if it's a 5 bolt, will have the bigger 5 inch wheel lug pattern, as opposed to the 4 3/4 inch pattern you need to match the front end pattern. I looked at your profile page "Teach"; really, a Gremlin??? And a Mazda???? We need to do something about that!!! OK, the Gremlin is actually OK in my book. Used to have a guy locally who drag raced an RX-7; fully lightened, 9 inch Ford rear end, a mini-blower on the rotary Wankel engine, and lots of other "innovations". Car was LOUD; we used to refer to it as, "the most abrasive sound in drag racing". After every pass, he'd have to tighten all the engine connections because they'd actually rattle loose. At the time, I was the starter at Bremerton Raceway, and that's the only car that truely hurt my ears. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.