Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952-1954 Ford skirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cranium, May 2, 2006.

1. Cranium

Cranium

So, I'm looking to get some skirts for my '53. I found some folks selling some on Ebay, but they've got two different types. "Inside Mount" and "Outside Mount"
    Looking at them, I get the idea. But I'm wondering which ones I've actually seen more of now? And which looks cleaner.
    Seems like the outside ones might look a bit "lumpy," but the inside ones would have the rubber visible.
    Or am I way off base?
    Anybody have any pics of one or the other close-up?

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I ran outside ones but I wanted to french them...I perfer these than the bubble skirts. they also made 1/2 skirt witch is oK.

[​IMG]

3. Crestliner

Crestliner

I believe there was 2 types of inside mount. Some only came down to the break in the wheel opening while the others covered most of the opening. The latter ones always look better.

4. Cranium

Cranium

I've seen those little half-skirts (mini-skirts?)
    I guess I don't see the point in those. I want the full-size ones. But I'm not after the bubbly look, either. I was more interested in seeing which type was less obtrusive. I don't mind the look on Evel's at all!

5. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

The small flushmount ones are stock (or like stock) and the overlays that go all the way down are like the old aftermarkets. Overlays always look more custom to me.