Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952-1954 ford gassers???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hooligan909, Aug 8, 2010.

1. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

ok so i did do a search and even did google search for pics or builds on 52-54 ford gassers and i could only find one pic of one! so i was just woundering if any one has any? or a build thread on on? I have a 1953 ford custom i was going to build a kustom but after seeing a buddys car at a show yesterday im flerting with the gasser idea! just cant find the info for the type of car i have!

thanx

2. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

There are some pics in the archives here, you will have do a search to find them,I have this as a screensaver.The black '54 was for sale here on the HAMB around January,He had lowered the price to $900,the car was in Maryland.

Attached Files:

3. $900? WTF? Really?

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

If you post a side shot of your '53 I'll do a Gasser style Photoshop. Wheel choices?

5. kustomkat

kustomkat

Here is a couple...

Attached Files:

6. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

There was one that ran in the Hot Rod class (AHRA) at Lions about a lifetime ago. White, not flashy at all. Had a small-cubic-inch FE motor, if I recall correctly, and and a toploader four speed. It was very competitive. I saw it on the internet once a while ago, but don't have any snaps. Maybe somebody else remembers it.

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Here's some...

The last one (not a gasser) is mine. It was a drag car in the 60's with a Poncho/4-spd/9". The interior was all blue flake vinyl and it had an original custom tube grill. A friend of a friend got it before I could, yanked the motor, lowered it, and attempted to make it a custom before giving up. I picked it up as you see it, unfortunately the 9" and traction bars were the only "drag" parts that were left when I got it.

I haven't started to build this one yet, just collecting parts and trying to finish other projects first. I've got a parallel leaf spring setup with '54 Chevy drum brakes that came off my dad's '33 Chevy hot rod that will be 4" forward of stock axle centerline. A built 390 FE setback 10" from straight axle centerline with 4-spd Toploader. The 9" rear has 4.56's and original Traction Master bars. I have a guy making a one-piece fiberglass nose and trunk lid for it. After I do the motor & axle, a local pro chassis builder owes me some money so he's doing a 12-point NHRA legal cage. It will sit on 15x4 Ansen Slots with Hurst Super Cushions up front, and 15x8 Steelies with 30" Slicks out back. I have some BBC fenderwell headers that will be reworked to match the FE header flanges. The tube grill will remain, but cut out to make room for a spun aluminum fuel tank. A 6-71 huffer will top the FE when I collect all the parts, but it may be a while for that. Long Ladder Bars may replace the Traction Masters if they aren't doing a good job. The interior will be A-100 van seats, all upholstery including door panels & headliner will be in black diamond-tuck vinyl. All lexan windows throughout. It will be built as a real drag car, and probably never see the street, but you never know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Damn, Texas, that sounds like its going to be a badass mutha! I hope you're going to do a build thread on it.
    Many years ago I had the opportunity to buy a friends '54 Country Squire Woody. I passed on the opportunity and regretted it ever since. That would have made a good home for a 429.

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Thanks, I will once I get started...too many other projects right now!

I forgot to mention...the car will be Ford Wimbledon White, with hand painted lettering. No fake patina, I want it to look like you're seeing it in 1965.

10. This posted on the Hamb a few years ago,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple more of the yellow '54 that THC posted earlier. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

The guy who's making my 'glass front end said he will discount the prices if he makes more than just the two that I'm having made, meaning big savings for anyone involved. I'm keeping the mold, but the price will go up if someone wanted one later. So if anyone is interested in a '52-54 One-Piece 'Glass Nose, contact me asap via PMs. Prices are not set yet, but will be comparible to the ones you can buy for a 55-57 Chevy from the big glass companies.

12. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

Here's one I had a couple years ago,a '53.
    Didn't get it quite finished before I sold it.
    user12362_pic167075_1268200956.jpg user12362_pic156389_1265515041.jpg
    user12362_pic156390_1265515041.jpg user12362_pic156391_1265515041.jpg

13. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

Stole these from the H.A.M.B.
    P5110120.JPG P5110123.JPG
    P5110130.JPG

14. psychobilly57

psychobilly57

The 54 mainline that was for sale was mine. I see the new owner has it for sale now for $2,500. I had a 390 FE with a toploader in a 55' Customline 2 dr. years ago. That thing would GO. I still have the C8MA-E motor that I bought for that 54'. Also have a D4TE truck block. It's reinforced like the CJ blocks. Like the Wimbledon White idea. My favorite color.

15. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

thanx guys gives me a real good idea!

16. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

I'm pretty stoked,
    got mine back a couple weeks ago in a lot rougher shape than when I sold it,but I've been tinkerin' on it and it will get there.
    Unless I sell it or trade it off again:p
    100_1965.jpg 100_1985.jpg

17. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Yes, it was featured in a Car-Craft from '71, if I can find it I'll add some details, competitive car, ran low 11's and high 10's as I remember.

18. choptvan

choptvan

Damn. Can you make up your mind already?

19. How is the metal work coming along?

20. greaserzombie

greaserzombie

I don't have any pictures, but I have heard there was a 54 Merc Sun Valley that ran with a green plexi glass hood to match the roof, and to show off the "New" Y block. I don't think they raced it, but that would look pretty damn cool.

21. I don't remember who owned this car but it was owned by a hamber,,it had the glass top and the pexiglass hood.

[​IMG]

<TABLE id=lightbox9 style="Z-INDEX: 11; LEFT: 303px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 2768px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
    <INPUT class=button id=lightboxbutton9 style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; LEFT: -12px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; WIDTH: 30px; CURSOR: pointer; COLOR: white; PADDING-TOP: 4px; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid; POSITION: relative; TOP: 12px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black" type=button value=X> ​
    <TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD id=lightboxholder style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=lightbox9 style="Z-INDEX: 11; LEFT: 303px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 2768px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
    <INPUT class=button id=lightboxbutton9 style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; LEFT: -12px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; WIDTH: 30px; CURSOR: pointer; COLOR: white; PADDING-TOP: 4px; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid; POSITION: relative; TOP: 12px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black" type=button value=X> ​
    <TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD id=lightboxholder style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  22. Skullo

Skullo
    from Utah

Newby here. This thread got me going . I love jacked up shoeboxes. Though not a gasser here is a shot from the past. My first car, a 53 customlime, raised up rear and front with chrome reverse and some serious meat in some Mickey Thompsons.The picture has a crease in it as I had it in my wallet. I did not have a girl friend so I carried a picture of my car to Viet Nam.

Attached Files:

23. The Glasser Gasser was owned by unclescooby. It was a pretty neat car.

24. btt, anyone with the rear fenders flared?

25. Dragger52

Dragger52

2 year bump haha. Any new cars out there?

Attached Files:

26. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Retro Jim just sent me this: Rigor 3.jpg

27. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

If you need sound to go with it it's here:

28. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast