Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1951 Victoria getting some color by Chopolds..Update!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPMERC, Aug 11, 2011.

1. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Brought my car down to Mark Wojcik, Customs By Flash (chopolds on here) for paint. We got the car guide coated and blocked out last night. My good friends Jay and Chris (merc-o-madness and the supersized) came down and helped out with the blocking, couldn't have gotten it all blocked last night without their help, much appreciated.

Hopefully it will be in primer by this weekend and then Mark can work his magic. Plans are for a very traditional paint scheme that will compliment the style of the car perfectly...stay tuned...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. jerseymike

jerseymike

great to see! every time i see the car or a picture, i always think how it would look in paint. can't wait to see it. my guess is watson inspired? i'll keep a close watch on this. will it be done for lead east?

3. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Thanks Mike..You could say Watson inspired, but not exactly, lol...I seriously doubt it makes Lead East this year, Just not enough time at this point to get it all done..

4. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I must admit that I generally do not like east coast style kustoms, but your car is truly bitchin! I can't wait to see what it looks like with some fresh color on it!

5. williebill

williebill

Love that car...looks good

6. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

when and where is Lead East? thanx

7. This car is a legend.

8. jerseymike

jerseymike

morristown, n.j. labor day weekend.

9. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

LOL, thanks James..A legend in my own mind, maybe...

10. I must admit I have never seen your car before, but I love it! Looks so beautiful, keep us updated!

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Cool I am looking forward to seeing it in paint soon!!

12. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Some more pics from the other night...

Attached Files:

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I love your car

14. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

Wow paint Finally!!!! The car is going to look awesome in color...Cant wait to see it done!!!

15. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Holy Hell !!! Do I know you?? LOL, yeah paint finally, we can use some help rubbing it out when its done, LOL....See ya pal

16. merking56

merking56
    from NJ

Looks good man, nice to see a fellow jersey guy out there!

17. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

cool! can't wait to see it shiney!

18. teddyp

teddyp

you pick the best to paint it wish i could stop at marks but i,m trying to get my ford back on the road for lead east your car looks great can,t wait to see it in paint

19. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Worked on the car for a few hours tonight and we got it prepped, taped, and Mark laid on the sealer.. even though its only primer, it feels great to see it in one color...found a couple spots that need a little finishing putty, then spot seal, block again, then color!! plans are to have it painted by Saturday night...stay tuned........

Attached Files:

20. jerseymike

jerseymike

i'm guessing your not putting the red flames back on!:eek:

21. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

LOL, good guess...for the record, i had nothing to do with those ridiculous looking things...the car will be pearl white with very traditional gold scallops an a surprise or two...

22. choppermatt

choppermatt

c'mon the xmas flake made this the bees knees

23. jerseymike

jerseymike

i know you've said on here you hated those flames, i always thought they looked like they were put on with a friggin crayon! can't wait to see it completed. very well thought out car, everything flows nicely and looks like it belongs together.

24. What is the history of this car? Is it an old Kustom or a more recent build?

25. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Bob,it looks good!.Can't wait to see it done.You should have left the bumpers on there,could have painted them too.LOL.Hope to see ya at Lead East.

26. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

James, The car was originally built in Rahway, NJ during the resurgance of kustom cars, in about 1981..I got it in 1984 when I was 13 as a father/son project.. It was basically a finished car, but I wanted it chopped with 56 Packard tailights, those were the two major things we did to it at the time. Sadly and regretably I sold in in 1988..I was lucky enough to find it and buy it back in 2004, did a ton of work to it, which brings us to the present day..

--first pic is its original kustom look in the early 1980s
    --next is while I owned it, with it's half completed chop, this was Lead East 1987
    --next pic is months after I sold it, in pink & purple primer, Lead East 1988
    --last pic here is how it looked when I bought it back in 2004, dumb flames and fake "Carson" top,
    which was just canvas glued to the hardtop...

To see more pics, check out the album in my profile...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  27. hotdamn

hotdamn

I am so stoked to see this car painted!!!

and for the record the lincoln quads was what really set ol gal off for me :)

28. tinmann

tinmann

Nice. It's so easy to go overboard with modifications made just because you can. Your vicky looks understated classic. I'll be checking back to how the shiny coat looks.

29. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

LOL...yes you know me sure i'll give you hand color sanding it..Cant wait to see it done its been a long time coming!!!!!!!