Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 Mercury Coupe We're Working On Returns.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldtimerodder72, May 17, 2009.

1. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx for the response! A lot of talent in this build , INCLUDING the design!!
    I am very excited about this thread and Thanx again for all the pics, it inspires people!! You are a very lucky man!!

Ian

2. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

"Old School" gets lots of praise but the "New Procedues" shown here are way better. Good job keep posting so we can watch. Thanks man.

3. Flatattack

Flatattack

Thanks, I can't wait:cool:

4. burgundy with a gold flake in it would look awesome ..............

5. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

really really awesome car
    only negative that caught my eye was the front bumper felt like the middle pointed out to far, could perhaps look diffeerently with wheels and paint and on the ground,

other than that is really an astonishing merc!, i love cars built to this detail and working effort put into them, perfect craftsmanship!!

6. Rocket,
    The issue with the front bumper is due to the camera. In person it does not protrude so much. It is all in proportion.

7. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Aswell as the dolly makes it look like a Suv ;), height wise i mean...
    looking forward to see this car in colour!,

8. This is really going to be a mind blowing car when it is done. Beautiful work!

9. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Yeah. You've restored my desire to own a 49-51 Merc. I had thought I'd gotten over that bug too, thanks a lot!

I'll take one like that but Nailhead powered thanks. :)

10. teisco

teisco

Nice,,,great to see someone produce this calibur of custom today and still use dual spots,,,Appletons no less!! Most new guys go for the cleaner look but because I am from the 50's dual spots are almost a requirment..Also refreshing to see you have them correctly installed and angled just right,,,again the new guys don't know exacly how to adjust them or where to point them...
    Paul

11. fittyford

fittyford
    from Oregon

VERY NICE! I love the bumper overrider exhaust ports matching the
    grill bar.