Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 merc 4 door needs help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1951mercury, Apr 17, 2006.

1. 1951mercury

1951mercury
    from Illinois

I bought a 51 merc 4 door about a year ago and i took it all apart but i need some help now. I bought outer rocker panels but didn't know i needed inner rockers also. I can't find inner rockers, though. I also need some other parts. If you have any or know where to get them please let me know. thanks

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

WOW still no answers, maybe they don't make sheet metal for Mercs. I sure figured that one of the Merc guys would answer.

Now that you have done your intro, ask that question on the main board. I'll bet somebody will help you.

B:pB

3. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Don't know anybody who has them. When I needed them I made them. They are nothing more than a flat panel with one right angle bend. They don't have to be full length but can be made in short pieces. If you take the dimensions to your local sheet metal fabricatioin shop they could cut and bend them for you.:) :D

4. sawzall

sawzall

I did inners on a 49 lincoln.. same deal.. just a flat panel with a 90 degree bend and a 1 inch flange at the top..

and based on the quality of most repop parts I would likely make them even if they were avail from someone..

sawzall

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 1951mercury

1951mercury
    from Illinois

ok i'll try that. thanks

6. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

Green mountain parts, they have quality inner and outers.