Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 M1 suspension help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarboroughyj, May 23, 2012.

1. scarboroughyj

scarboroughyj
    from Toronto

I am looking for any information regarding an option to install a 1980 camaro front clip in my 1951 m1 truck. Aftermarket IFS kits are just to pricey for me right now. I will be receiving a 1980 camaro front clip in decent shape from a friend soon. Comes with all the brakes and so on. I just wanted to know if anybody has done a swap with these parts ? What am I in for if I proceed with this. I am mechanically inclined. Welding and cutting and so on is not a problem. Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for reading!

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Step one, do an intro before that group yells.

Step two, DON'T put that clip on your truck. A jag would be a better bet, or save some bucks and get an Industrail Chassis Dakota kit when steve re-tools for your truck later this year.

3. scarboroughyj

scarboroughyj
    from Toronto

Great. Thank you for the info. Very much appreciated. And intro has been posted.
    Thanks again