Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1951 Ford F1!

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Timothy OConnor, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Timothy OConnor

Timothy OConnor

City: GRAND ISLAND

State: New York
    Price: $24,000
    1951 Ford F1, We have affectionately dubbed her "Tough Life"

She is a frame up, no expense spared restoration. I'll do my best to recap everything we've done, but please feel free to ask about anything you'd like to know.

We replaced the fenders with brand new metal fenders, rockers and cab corners also. Gave her a real sleek front end with halo headlights, new headlight buckets and added the marker lights. I'm really not sure if there were marker lights on her originally but there was a place for them so she got em. While I believe the doors are from 1951, I couldn't say if they were original to her or not. While the door handles are a bit more relaxed then i'd like, they function 100% as the should (and look pretty bad-ass in black). As far as I can tell the hood is OEM and came out beautiful. She's got all new glass complete with hinged wing windows (not the one piece conversion kit) that function exactly as they should. The hood vent is also, as far as I can tell, OEM and also functions 100% as it should.

The bed, either you like it or you don't. I do but if this ad works, what I like is irrelevant. What I can tell you is this, whoever built it was pretty damn serious about it. It took six rather large body builder types to lift it off the frame (without the wood). But under that you'll find a brand new stainless steel gas tank with a new sending unit, that you guessed it, works 100% as it should. In addition to relocating the fuel cell we also put the battery under the bed as well. The end result is a much more ascetically pleasing engine compartment. All the way in the back is a set of LED taillights, nothing fancy but they do fit the bed perfectly and yes they work 100% as they should. Before we put it all back together we gave her a scuff resistant Rhino lining type finish on the underside.

Climb inside, and you'll find yourself wrapped comfortably in race style buckets (I know its not period correct but I like them). Before we put them in though, we took everything else out and painted her up just as pretty as a prom date, with the same meticulous attention to detail as the outside. In person it really does appear as if you could stick your hand right in there. You wont see it by looking at the brand new instrument cluster but on the backside there is the head of a just as new wiring harness, all replaced from stem to stern. In case I forgot to mention The wiring harness also works 100% as it should. The stereo is not original nor is the horn but, well some things are just better in 2019.

Under the hood. to the best of my knowledge we are looking at a 289 from a mid to late 70's Mustang. As far as I can tell the engine is free from mechanical defect and runs exactly as it should. Due to family events my project has come to a screeching halt and other then the fact that it does run I havent had the time to tear it apart myself . The only thing she has to have at this point is an exhaust system.

Please feel free to ask question you may have and I will answer them as promptly as possible.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019