Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1951 Chevy 6 to 8 conversion gas pedal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by misterskiguy, Jul 19, 2018.

1. misterskiguy

misterskiguy

Hey guys, I put a rebuilt first gen small block 327 in my 1951 Chevy Styleline. Holley 600cfm. Any help on the easiest/best gas pedal,throttle linkage would be much appreciated. Thinking old Camaro? Thanks in advance.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. goldmountain

goldmountain

If you aren't into fabrication, get something from Lokar. Otherwise, look for a throttle cable setup from a Chevy G van. Those things are sooo long that you can shorten them to fit anything. If you are running a TH400, look for a pedal with a kickdown switch.

misterskiguy likes this.
  3. oldolds

oldolds

What was said above is correct. Go to the local pic-a-part and pull a cable set up off of about any GM vehicle with a carb on it. It might take a bit of looking as they are getting hard to find, even there.
    If you know somebody with a stash of stuff in the back field you might even get it for free.

misterskiguy likes this.
  4. misterskiguy

misterskiguy

Thanks for the help. Running a 700r4 with a TV cable and cam setup from Bowtie Overdrive.

5. fms427

fms427

I have used pedal , cable setup from a Chev S10, S10 Blazer on several cars. Are / plentiful in the scrap yard , have a nice flat plastic mount on the dash.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

misterskiguy likes this.