Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1951 chevy 5700 Cabover coe

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by ted@mb, Feb 13, 2018.

1. ted@mb

ted@mb
    from upstate ny

City: Matawan

State: New Jersey
    Price: 12000
    Previous owner restored and maintained the truck for about 25 years. The original truck owner set it up as a mobile onsite generator for the Hercules Electric Co. It spent the majority of time parked at construction sites and only had 38,000 miles when he bought it. It has some surface rust along the beltline and on the bottom of the cowl. There are a few rust through holes on the cab at fenders. Mechanically it is in good condition, everything works and it is roadworthy. This unit had a cab off restoration 15 years ago that included a rebuilt 1958, 235 c.i. engine with insert main bearings rather than babbitt style. The truck has the standard 4 speed transmission with functioning 2 speed rear all with no leaks.

Cab has a few rust spots in typcal areas, rockers, fenders. floors are Solid.
    Paint is poor and looks like an amateur job 15 years ago.
    Passenger side view Mirror is missing.

I've had it for about a year and a half. Since I got it I put on 6 new tires, mishimoto aluminum radiator, shroud and fan, water pump, thermostat and hoses. Runs cool all day in traffic. (I have the og radiator water pump and other parts, needs to be recored). Radiator was a direct fit with no hacking.

Withing last three years from previous owner - improvements include brake system overhaul with new brake lines and hoses, replace master cylinder, rebuild wheel cylinders,rebuild brake booster, also new battery, new glass & rebuild cab heater system.

I've taken this down the parkway and 287 for about 90 miles. Truck always starts, brakes are good and all lights blinkers heat etc. Good running driving truck.

Open to trades, stored inside, and I can help with delivery. 732 500 7627 thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. ted@mb

ted@mb
    from upstate ny

3. ted@mb

ted@mb
    from upstate ny

bump. 11,500$

4. ted@mb

ted@mb
    from upstate ny