Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Rocket 88

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Erik Andersen, May 20, 2016.

1. Hi from Australia everyone. I'm the new and proud owner of a 1950 Oldsmobile 88 'Rocket' Coupe which is destined for an interesting few years as I hope by the time Santa visits in 2019 it and I will have lapped the world from Tampa where it is today via Dallas, NYC, LA, Melbourne, Cape York, Singapore, Mandalay, Beijing to Paris.
    For the next 12 months or so it will be under the knife and I'm hoping it will come out as an amalgam of the Herschel McGriff Carrera Panamericana winner, various early 50's NASCAR racers and various traditional rodded early 50s 88s.
    As for me I got my license at 15 as you could in NZ back then and managed to burn my first car to the ground after trying too hard to hot it up. I started off rodding as a teenager in the 70s building the world's worst T bucket and helping a mate with his '55 F-100. I had various quirky cars before answering the call of the wild and moving to Papua New Guinea for a few decades.
    I'm now living back in a place with roads and interesting cars and looking forward to eating the world - or being eaten, of course.
    Cheers
    Erik

2. Welcome to the hamb enjoy your ride.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Thanks, HAMB seems like a great place - coming from an Anglophile car culture I've got lots to learn about Americarna in general and 50s Olds in particular!