Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Plymouth brake issues...HELP!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jim alexander, May 6, 2017.

1. Jim alexander

Jim alexander

Hello there friends! Hope your weekend is turning out better than mine... so i picked up a 1950 plymouth special deluxe like 3-4 months ago. It was garage kept but in need of some love. I got it home and have been working on getting it running. Once i got all that settled up i moved on to the brakes...this is where my problem lies. I am no sttanger to bleeding brakes but what a headache im having. I tryed doing it with the original master cylinder, no luck. Back 2 bled and i got to the front no fluid . Bought a new one, seemed okay. Back 2 bled nice and i got to the front NOTHING!!! Blew out lines and tried again...NOTHING!!! what am i doing wrong or missing!?!? PLEASE HELP!!!

Attached Files:

2. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Could there be a distribution block or proportion valve somewhere that is bad?

3. Jim alexander

Jim alexander

I am starting to think so. I ended up replacing all the the front brake cylinders and flex lines. I blew air through the hard lines to the front seemed clear. Now as i start to bleed the brakes yet again, i get fluid to the front left and nothing on the right. I need to figure this out its driving me bananas.