Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Plymouth 3 window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carolina chevrolet, Dec 1, 2019.

1. carolina chevrolet

carolina chevrolet

Do you think these cars are cool ? There's one coming up at a local auction next week. It looks to have been sitting outside for years and will require quite a bit of work. I've got a couple projects to do before I could get to it, but it does look interesting . I'm debating whether to get in on the bidding or not.

2. birdman1

birdman1

I think they are neat with the 3 window styling. I would make it a radical custom to capitalize on it

3. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

4. Yes, they are cool!

5. carolina chevrolet

carolina chevrolet

6. Rich B.

Rich B.
    Member Emeritus
    from Portage,IN

They are so homely they are cool , I love it!

Rich

scotty t and GordonC like this.
  7. are we all buying it? Or is it just your money you're spending. Seems like a silly question.

8. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buy it. Make one of these : High&Mighty.jpg

BoilermakerDave likes this.
  9. carolina chevrolet

carolina chevrolet

I'm just getting a feel for how the other HAMB'ers feel about the '50 coupes. Looks like it's a thumb's up from all the relevant posts so far. ^

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I think they are kool as hell. If it was a sedan I would tell ya to pass on it. You can do just about anything with it Kustom or hot rod.

11. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

I have a 49 and recently went and looked at a 50 that is for sale. So yeah, I think they are cool. Parts are available and they are ultra simple to work on. Only thing that is a bit of a pain is adjusting the Lockheed brakes. It's nice driving something different, you don't see rows of them at car shows.

scrap metal 48 and Rich B. like this.
  12. papajohn

papajohn

I like them, but I like Corvairs, late 50s anglias and willys jeepsters. I'm kind of weird I guess.

scotty t and jeepsterhemi like this.
  13. southerncad

southerncad

Yeah I like em' too, but I like Studebakers too....so what's that tell ya'?:rolleyes:

papajohn likes this.
  14. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Love the old bustle backs. The only bad thing about them is the engine bay is narrow and to install a V8 some work needs to be done to get them to fit width wise.

16. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I like them but you can have to many projects and sounds like you're approaching that....

scotty t likes this.
  17. catdad49

catdad49

Another like from me! Almost bought one when the Wife and I were first married, but thought better of it because it would have used up all our savings at the time. Oh well, hard to miss what you never had!

18. gene-koning

gene-koning

Once you remove the inner fenders, there is plenty of room for a V8. My problem is I'd probably want to get radical with the drive train. It looks a lot more sporty then the 46-48 Plymouth business coupes. Gene

19. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

We shoehorned a 440 in one and removed the inner fenders. Had to add some bracing for structural integrity. Was interesting to make it look good