Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 mercury turn signal wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldtele, Mar 31, 2013.

1. goldtele

goldtele

Hello,

I'm wiring my 1950 Mercury and am using the stock turn signal switch. Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

I hooked a battery up to the Blue wire which i believe is hot and was able to determine one of the purple wires and yellow are L but that's all.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. From another thread on HAMB

[​IMG]

3. rotorwrench

rotorwrench

Most of the old Mercs I come across don't have much color left in the old cloth covered wire. I've had to rewire all of them.

4. goldtele

goldtele

Thanks, themoose!

5. Couple points here that might help:
    The brake light lead goes from the brake switch to the TS switch.
    The front and rear blinkers are separate at the switch.
    The contact inside the switch will make between brake and both rear lights at neutral position.
    At left turn position, the contact is made between brake and right rear, AND flasher and both front and rear. Right turn is opposite, natch. This WILL drive you nuts trying to determine by ohm meter.
    Best to disassemble, figure out which is which, clean, grease and re-assemble. Plus it will be clean and greased.

Cosmo

P.S. You can use just one dash indicator by wiring one side of the indicator bulb to left front, the other to right front lead. This makes the unused blinker bulb the ground, AND allows you to determine which bulb is out just by observing the dash light while inside the car. Many cars were wired this way. And most motorcycles.