Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Ford Tudor Sedan - Bench Seat info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adidasink, Sep 9, 2010.

1. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Hello,

I did a search here for what other years, makes and models bench seats would be pretty close to an exact fit for a 1950 Ford Tudor Sedan...and came up with nada.

I am sure with the amount of knowledge and experience on this board that someone has surely has had to buy a front and rear bench seat for this car and was hoping for some direction.

What other years or makes and model bench seats will work with this car that will give it a more traditional looking interior? I currently have late model bucket seats (previous owner's deal) that need to go!!!!

Also the search function has been known to own me a few times and I may have not found what I was looking for from lack of experience or proper search key words....

2. geemann51

geemann51

49 or 51 Ford :)

Just saw one in the classifieds this morning....

You could always do the T Bird treatment...

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have a Dodge Dakota bench in my '48 Plymouth on the stock seat frame. I know that it's not answering your exact question, but it might be a place to start. I took the headrests off, and it looks the part of an early bench, but much more comfortable.

4. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

This was kind of the route I was thinking...using late model bench out of a truck or something and just reupholster it with some vinyl or something to make it look the part.

I unfortunately need the frame and bench...the whole deal...but that is a start!

@geemann51 - I would love to do the T-Bird treatment on mine...I just think my talent would run out quickly (I am an amateur with a lot of passion and drive...)and it would look half a$$.....and I saw those seats you were referring to...I was trying to get some ideas so I can source the parts locally.

5. T tyme

T tyme

A few years ago a guy put granada interior in his 50 ford, even the dash

6. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

I've seen 57 ford Ranchero front bench used. Looked clean and sat a tad lower than the stock one.

7. shorty54

shorty54
    from Arvada

try a 52-54 ford bench seat, that is what we have in ours with no problems at all.

8. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Great info guys....definitely gives me a good start to finding something!

9. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Hey Shorty54, I have a '54 Ford front seat in my '50 and it seems to me to be too low. Did you use the '54 frame or put the seat on the '50 frame???

10. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

my 50 came with a 78 fairmont bench. it's close in width but has provisions for a much larger trans tunnel. also, back in the 60s a buddy had a 50 with a studebaker seat and it worked real well.

11. tedster

tedster

I have been told a 72 Ranchero will bolt to stock mounts and sit 3 1/2 inches lower than the stock seat.