Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1950 Ford Carson Top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yaril, Mar 23, 2010.

1. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Feit ræv Yaril ;)

2. :D I dont think the man slows down long enough Nads!
    Incredible car Yaril.

3. Crease

Crease

Beautiful!!!!!

4. Well I just got caught up on this thread. Now I know for certain he's insane. Congratulations.

5. junkmonger

junkmonger

Just found this thread. Excellent build Yaril, on one fine Ford shoebox! Congrats on the awards; you deserve them!

6. Got too see the car in person at the grand natl show and then tonight on my way home from work I stopped by industrial chassis and got to see the car in person and meet the road crew and the car is just stunning in person with ropes in the way. Great build and even better story of the road trip. Took some photos at industrial chassis and will post the when I get a chance.

7. SHADY FABRICATIONS

SHADY FABRICATIONS

yaril and john were able to make a pit stop at my house for the night. When I went outside in the morning and saw the car with the desert in the backround it was just awesome! The hole story is amazing and the car is just beautiful! Thanks again Yaril for takin time to hang with me for a few. (sorry about the roads!) Its the desert? hahaha. If you have time to make the show saturday tell the gang I said hay..

8. Any pics?

9. SHADY FABRICATIONS

SHADY FABRICATIONS

Here are some pics of the show stoper! Try to imagine the garbage cans arent there?

Attached Files:

10. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

awesome shoebox good work :)

11. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven

This car is amazing! Can't wait to see it in person...maybe Billetproof?

12. so damn neat and done so well in such a short period. really good thread thanks alot for puttin it up for everyone to see man, well done.

13. Kenny P

Kenny P

Finally got a chance to see it in person last night, from all I read, it was everything I expected...and more!
    BEAUTY!

See ya in Gainsville Yaril!

14. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

I also saw it last night at ABACOA. I knew it had to be nice to get all of the awards in Ca.but the car is so much nicer than the pictures. Also it was great meeting you in person. Look forward to seeing you again and I will try to stop by the shop. Also I was talking to Larry this morning and if you come up to his shop again I could meet you there. Bill Carroll

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

not sure how i missed it til now, but i just saw this for the first time and read it through. congrats on a great car and a seemingly awesome road trip. killer work.

16. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

great to meet you last weekend the car is absolutly stunning in person!
    M.

17. Kenny P

Kenny P

Salvagerz Pick, "BEST CUSTOM" at Billetproof Florida 2011!

She is a Beauty!

:)

18. Yaril

Yaril

i gotta live up to my insanity, so we have taken the Shoebox apart and yesterday we sanded the hole car down with 500 and then 600. going to spot some areas that got "road wear" and reclear the car, wet sand and buff, and assemble it again.

Round 2 - Kansas July 29 KKOA here we come!

[​IMG]

and thank you everyone for posting! Kenny and Salvagers thanks for the "Best Kustom"! and for attending my "open house" THANKS!

19. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Way to go yaril! when are you taking the shoebox on an european roadtrip as well??

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

20. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

If I have to steal gas to get to Salina I will. I NEED to see this car!

21. choptvan

choptvan

Buff? Why? It will be perfectly flat anyway! But seriously, definitely insane. That's for sure. Good luck. Hope to see you there.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That car just keeps getting better. Have fun on the trip to Salina and this time see if you can travel at a bit more relaxed pace so you can see something besides gas stations and fast food joints.

23. Yaril

Yaril

the day they build a bridge to Europe i will drive across it!

steal some gas for me too! ima need it, 1700 miles each way.

just trying to make it better. hope to see you there too!

thats the plan. leave at midnight on Monday so i will have 2 or 3 days to get there. that should be no problem! im want to be there by Thursday.

if anyone is interested in a shirt, it will help pay my gas to get to Salina, KS. sorry for the shameless plug moderators.

[​IMG]

24. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

This car is awesome. Makes me self concious about my new paint :p

25. shoebox50

shoebox50

Wait till you see this car in person its Super Nice!!!!

26. Yaril

Yaril

thanks!!!!

car sanded in 500 followed by 600 wet.

[​IMG]

underside of hood i never got around to (time constraints), so i cleaned it up a bit with bed liner spray as i did the bottom of the floors.

[​IMG]

gotta pull a few more things off and mask the car, only a couple spots will need base. most of the body is really nice and will get recleared. almost there.

[​IMG]

i got about 5 weeks till departure.

27. toranaback

toranaback

yaril,
    your dedication to this car is amazing and i think that this car is the best modern custom i have ever seen! i will buy some shirts and i will wear them with pride!!!!!![​IMG]
    i checked out your website and it is cool. hopefully i can get to the states soon and check your work out in person.
    Mick.

28. Yaril you better stop in Tampa on your way back from Kansas. We'll buy you a pizza. hahaha

29. Yaril

Yaril

well its midnight and its time for my departure. i am headed North on Florida Turnpike then merging onto I-75 until i get to Georgia, just North of Atlanta. the car is loaded up detailed and ready to go. total trip will be 1700 miles.

i will not be able to check back in on-line until i arrive in Georgia.

till then.

30. Goodluck man,I dig your car and your amount of balls for the roadtrips you take.Be safe.