Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Fleetline Body weight?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brokedownbiker, Sep 7, 2020.

1. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone got a close idea on the weight of the body (just the empty shell, no frame, no interior) for a 1950 Fleetline 2 door? I'm trying to see if my little Kubota tractor will be able to lift it and set it on my trailer or how many guys it will take to lift it if I have to go that route.

2. RMONTY

RMONTY

4 guys at minimum if its going to be a deadlift.

Using the little kubota could be iffy.....does it have a loader on the front, or you thinking about using a boom pole?

I used an "A" frame, a chainfall, and an engine hoist, and was able to easily remove the body and reinstall it on a 52' 4 door by myself.

You can also make up some sawhorses from 2x4s that will easily support the weight of that body. Make them wide enough so you can just roll the chassis right out from under the body.

Body Lift.jpg

3. oldolds

oldolds

4 good guys should be able to lift it. I would want a couple more guys with a hand on it in case one guy trips as you move it.

RMONTY likes this.
  4. RMONTY

RMONTY

Sawhorses wont cost $20 to build, and are a great insurance policy, and back saver. I put casters on these so I could move the body around by myself. Worked GREAT!

Sawhorse.jpg

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

As a wild guess I would say less than 1000 pounds. You could lift one end at a time, and put a 4X4 crossways with the ends resting on barrels then wheel the trailer under it. Or lift up one end, set it in the trailer on pipe rollers then lift up the other end and roll it in.