Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Dodge Pickup A arm front end ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RugBlaster, Sep 13, 2007.

1. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

Where is the BEST place to find a fabricated front cross member for a '50 Dodge Pickup? I see a lot of them for Fords and Chevys of this era but not so much for ole butt-ugly here.............thanks

Attached Files:

2. old dirt tracker

old dirt tracker
    from phoenix

if you have fabrication skills . a stock must11/pinto will fit if your frame is not over 28" wide. also have seen S10 clip used on this vehicle.

3. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

If you must buy one.. Fat Man Fabrications has it... www.fatmanfab.com a customer wanted one in his 50 plymouth suburban... went in slick but is pricey... Jason

4. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

Thanks for that info.......yes I've built a few things in the past......

Attached Files:

5. luckystiff

luckystiff

mustang ii(org or Fatman), volare, s10, "metric" GM(76-87 or so mid size like regal and the like), but since i've been digging into the options for my '56 dodge and i think the 50 is the same track width as my '56 the 70s/80s jag honestly looks like the best possible donor to me. if i can stop missing all the donors for sale here thats what i'm thinking with fatman being next in line since they are an hour away and i know someone who works there.

i've also heard that a dakota frame swap is pretty straight forward on a pilothouse era dodge. and if it's 1/2 ton swb i'd have to question the swap to a blazer frame as i think they are the EXACT same wheelbase 108"...ken....

6. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

That is one fast stool... sometimes you are money and safety ahead if you let someone else build some things for you.. Jason..

7. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

Thanks for all your input.........another ?.......does anyone know if the stock rearend is up to a 422 HP small block. It seems to be geared fairly low (high numerically)

8. 56pu

56pu
    from Sarver,PA

http://dodgeclassictrucks.com/ Heres a good place to find info on these trucks...I have a 56 dodge on a 94 caprice chassis, with a lil mods...It had to be shorted 8" and narrowed 2.5"

Harmon

9. RugBlaster

RugBlaster