Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Chrysler Windsor Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by duke7427, Mar 6, 2012.

1. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

I wanted get some feedback on my Chrysler build. 1950 Windsor Coupe, 251, lowerd front and back. I think that after the paint is finished i will mill the head and split the manifolds. Love the old Flatty. Color is Plum Crazy Purple, and Flat Black. I figured i could kill a few birds with one stone and keep it all mopar, and throw in some Mopar color.

Attached Files:

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The car would be better served if it was all Plum Crazy. Nice to see folks steping up to making Grandpa's car better.

3. 30over200

30over200

Looking good.

4. 73RR

73RR

...a few more photos would be nice...

5. anteek

anteek

x2 on needing pics. my stepdaughter has the same car and is looking for ideas.

6. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Looking good , keep at it.

7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Well since you asked for opinions, I think it should be all painted, I'm not crazy about purple.. looks to 'street rod' to me, but I would at least paint the whole car.

Lets see some more pictures though.

8. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

Im pulling her out this weekend to start hanging the fenders, i will get some pictures then. My homemade paint booth is a little tight.

9. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

Ran iton some orange peel problems, so im sanding an buffing out tonight. With a little luck, ill have her ready for some pics by saturday. I do have a question... I have 3" drop blocks in the rear, but it is still way too raked. What would be the best solution for droping it another 2"? If i remove a leaf, what leaf should i get rid of?

10. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

If you lower it any farther the axle will hit the frame. It probably does now, if you have passengers in the car and luggage in the trunk.

You could do air bags, lower for looks and raise it to drive. Or if you want to drive it low you will need to modify the frame and floor to get it much lower and still have suspension.

11. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

Here are some mock up photos. Should finish it up next week. Then i have to find some white walls and some steel wheels.

Attached Files:

12. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

Here are more. Glass is going in this week, then tail draggin it.

Attached Files:

13. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

More progress. Blurry pics suck, but you get the point. Hope to get some good ones soon. Shes not a in deep as most of your cars on here, but I like the way she's turning out.

Attached Files:

14. Looking good. You know, B5 blue would have looked great on there....

15. Agreed, gloss black on the bottom too.

16. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

Yeah I wanted to go blue, but the wife rejected my porposal. She had to have Plum Crazy. All in all, I really like the color combo, and the wife is extremely happy. This was my first body work job, so it didnt turn out pefect, but it looks great compared to what I started with. (I think the previous owner really liked drinking and driving). I did learn a crap ton about the whole deal, so when i get tired of the color, ill strip it down and make it gloss worthy.

17. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

updated pictures. Making a grandpas car look cool.

Attached Files: