Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Chopped Chevy Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by RMONTY, Jan 15, 2016.

1. RMONTY

RMONTY

Did you do the chop on it?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. RMONTY

RMONTY

Been getting a few mundane tasks done. Nothing too major but a couple of pics. Pulled the glass. Got all the dash stripped of gauges and switches. The floors are in real good shape so far. I need to get some aircraft stripper. I don't know how many coats of green paint are on this car. It gums everything up. I knocked off what I could and will do some stripper on it this weekend. A little time with a wire brush and it should clean up. Will get the rockers in soon.

IMG_7135.JPG

IMG_7136.JPG

IMG_7141.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

IMG_7145.JPG

3. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's progress in my book.

RMONTY likes this.
  4. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

drdave any chance you have a front and rear view...

5. That's all I have. It was a drawing from a magazine article, but it's basically the Rod and Custom Dream truck in panel form, so you could look at the front and rear of that and go from there. Would be a cool build.

brEad likes this.
  6. RMONTY

RMONTY

Little update. Plasma cutter showed up today. Was supposed to be a pilot arc but it wasn't. I tried it out anyway before I send it back. For a cheapie it surprised me. Cut through 1/2" plate with no bitching. I wanted the pilot arc so back it goes. The specs on Amazon showed it as a pilot arc but it isnt. Tig machine should be here Friday. 20190130_193318.jpg 20190130_193119.jpg

brEad and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  7. goldenidolcustoms

goldenidolcustoms
    from Pa.

I would be interested in doing this build for someone.If you have the money I'll make the time

drdave and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  8. Hurley50

Hurley50
    from NC

9. Sure would be cool to see it come to life. Won't be mine, though....too many projects already in the hopper. ;)

10. RMONTY

RMONTY

Gathering parts and tools....some new sheet metal stuff and a TIG welder...the shop addition is moving along slowly due to the weather but making a bit of progress in several directions. Ive been sanding the dash down and ordered up some Gibbs to keep things from rusting until I can get some primer on.

IMG_7149.JPG

IMG_7150.JPG

IMG_7151.JPG