Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Chevy United States Air Force "FOLLOW ME" truck build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hardly Davidson, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Kid Jeff

Kid Jeff

That truck is amazing! What did you use for the transmission shifter?

2. B&M Quick Shift. Not sure they still make it? It was the only one that fit in the box.

3. donno

donno

Damn!!! That's cool. Retired Air Force been to Mc Connel, ( F-105"s). Like to see your truck next trip to Havasu. I'm in 'vegas.

4. There's a chance it'll be coming to Vegas this winter. I'll let you know when. Still in the planning stages.

5. 100_6032.JPG As the attached photo attests I'm almost as old as the truck.

Stogy, akoutlaw and loudbang like this.
  6. Kingman, Arizona Airfest

100_6122.JPG

R A Wrench, EL MOE, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  7. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Too nice , thanks for the vets

8. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Mike, good to see a current pic. Glad to see that you are still above ground. Bill

9. George E Shaw

George E Shaw

Hello, I've looked over all your 170 pics with great interest. There is a symbol by the passenger side headlight of your truck (circle with cross/propeller? inside it). Do you know what this symbol represented? I have a 1951 Ford F1 that I believe might have been USAF. Unfortunately it's missing the nomenclature data plate that may have been mounted on the glove box door. However, there are traces of paint on the front bumper including what looks like might be this symbol as well. It also has tire pressure stenciled in the door jamb as well as a military oil filter cannister mounted to the firewall. Thanks in advance.
    Hello, I've looked over all your 170 pics with great interest. There is a symbol by the passenger side headlight of your truck (circle with cross/propeller? inside it). Do you know what this symbol represented? I have a 1951 Ford F1 that I believe might have been USAF. Unfortunately it's missing the nomenclature data plate that may have been mounted on the glove box door. However, there are traces of paint on the front bumper including what looks like might be this symbol as well. It also has tire pressure stenciled in the door jamb as well as a military oil filter cannister mounted to the firewall. Thanks in advance.

10. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I remember when my father would drive a 4 door Dodge pick up that the alert crews were allowed to use while on alert at Bunker Hill AFB in Ind. and various other bases. I also, once cut up and scrap a 4 door 58 Chevy that came from the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, turn out that was a mistake. Turn out to be the one car that they set aside from driving "Big Shots from Pease AFB to the shipyard. Had all kinds of lights and horns and holes drill into the front bumper for the little star signs. The curator at the PNSY historical site show me a picture of IKE riding in the car.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Truck is very cool!

Darryl Deir and Stogy like this.
  12. This is the crated original 216 engine, 3-speed transmission, and other components. I kept the original differential as well.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.