Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Chevy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled612, Oct 20, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413852246.280843.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413852261.563744.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413852274.946908.jpg
    Just bought this 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton.
    I'm looking to lower it 5-6 inches FROM THE GROUND. What's my best method besides air bags?
    I am purchasing a Mustang2 IFS, with that do I get drop spindles?
    What about the rear? Discard leaf springs?
    I want new suspension and drive train under a patina looking truck

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

remove tires from rims

timwhit likes this.
  3. ...just keep reading this forum, tons of good info, do a search.
    nice truck to start with.

4. mr shiftys used cars

mr shiftys used cars
    from sedalia,mo

Mine is subframed with a trans am stub and trans.am rear with 1 coil cut from the spings and. 3" block in the back it rides good and sits about where you want to

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

5. I like the same look, but did mine with dropped axle, blocks, and a few less leaves. I kind of like the original suspension under these trucks.

[​IMG]

6. You wanted new suspension, I will mention it although not traditional: S-10 frame swap.

7. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

If your an experienced builder, it can be pretty simple, fairly inexpensive and a great driver. If you have to farm out your work, it can still be affordable if you don't go too over board. I'm not a great fan of S-10 frame swap, especially since you lose so much of the bed space because of the S-10 frame configuration in the rear. I've been involved in a bunch of builds in this type of truck and maybe can give you an answer or 2 on questions once you decide what you want. Most important thing (in my opinion) is decide what the theme (style) of truck you want. From the git go my truck was to look like an old survivor truck that sits low and is a great driver. It is that. BILL RINALDI