Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 chevy truck IFS question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theracedude, Mar 14, 2009.

1. theracedude

theracedude

I am looking to install an IFS (mustang II) KIT with bags on a 50 chevy truck. I don't care about chrome or fancy upper control arms... just safe, stance and price. Who has the best deal?

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you are a decent welder I'd suggest checking with http://www.welderseries.com/
    You have to do quite a bit of welding but the prices are friendly and the products are well thought out. He is also a fellow Hamber who often contributes some usefull info to the board.

3. knuckelhead

knuckelhead
    from socal

i wish i had know about that kit thats awesome what a great website thanks mr 48 .if u dont go wiyh that one i got mine from classic performance parts 1200 on sale with the rack and hub to hub

4. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

therace dude... we have a few assembly and installation videos on our website that show how easily our kit goes together. If you have any questions about our products, please ask.

Thanks for the kind words, too. Much appreciated.

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Check with Steve here on the HAMB, El Polacko. He owns Industrial Chassis, I've got one of his kits in my Burb and it rides great.

6. jagrod

jagrod
    from Landosnow

Does anyone have experience with the IFS setup from "welder-joe" (on that e auction site) ? it looks like its nice and heavy for trucks. I am wanting to build a 1950 1 ton GMC with IFS, and I want to keep lots of load carrying capacity, so heavy duty is important to me. Who builds a good and heavy IFS for AD trucks? I appreciate any input and feedback.

7. Lrichard

Lrichard
    from Wisconsin

I too am in the hunt for the best IFS setup for my 49 GMC 1 ton. Any good results or suggestions? I like the idea of using a Mustang II style setup because of it's simplicity - but am also concerned about strength for use on a big truck.