Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 chevrolet 437 miles original

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAY With, Jun 3, 2009.

1. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

It was just a 12 year old car then... but still low miles... Cool car!
    racinman

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by 49ratfink [​IMG]
    those cars are ugly.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    hell of a lot better looking then sedans of the same year.

I think I was kidding.

3. rodncustom

rodncustom

I was wondering how he didn't get that. :)

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I assumed he owned a sedan.

attempt at being a dick failed

5. TAGTASCOTTY

TAGTASCOTTY

F'n beautifull ride, no matter how you slice. and since when does anyone really care about the air cleaner when compared to the rest of the car. I don't know about you but when i'm about to get laid I'm not worried about what kinda shoes she's wearing.

6. Well, you probably should look to make sure they're not like size 14 mens sneakers.

The car is believable enough, I have a Hudson that was in a garage for something like 40 years and I towed it around on the tires on it, they're not great but they hold air fine. The car is typical 10 year old car other than major paint deterioration from being outdoors prior to that, which fits in with when it was parked and the low odometer reading (48,500 or so).

7. teddyp

teddyp

that,s a great car

8. HAHAHAHA!!!

that's some serious beer goggles

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It's pretty as all get out ( I've wanted a 49-52 Chevy or Olds coupe most of my life.) and totally useless. Strictly a museum piece and as practical as a paper weight.

That's like being married to the prettiest girl in town only to sleep in separate rooms.:confused:

10. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

11. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

beautiful car

I just bought a dash from a 50 to section for a model A, wish I had that glove box door

12. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Probably has the original gas in the tank.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I've had a 49 coupe for 33 years. had a 49 4 door sedan a few years back, as well as a 49 Fleetline and another 49 coupe project car. I think they are all beautiful.

that car is killer. if I had that kind of money to spend on a car I'd drive it.

14. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

A man of my own heart! I love '49-54 Chevys

I agree that although it is an amazing car...if I were to own it I'd do nothing but stare at it allll day. To nice to drive :(

15. i dont care if the stories real or not, it was a good read and filled up some time. lol. nice straight car just waiting to be cut up........

16. The only thing I find difficult to believe is that the man bought the car for $1,650 in 1962. Even a zero-mile '50 Chevy in 1962 would've been a $300 used car, at best, since NEW cars were selling for less than $2K. Of course, the original owner wanted a Rambler, he bought her one and traded for the Chevy, so if he wanted the car that bad, I guess it's not out of the realm of reality.

Other than that, that Chevy is absolutely tits! Don't know if it's $60K in these times, but it IS only original once! To cut up or customize this one would be a sin!

17. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

ummmm...sir?...ummmm.. sir?.....i, ah, would, ah,....i mean, i would..... read my posts before pressing the "submit reply" button, sir!?! good lord??

just a thought.

18. wow, thats all i have to say.

19. Good thing Floyd Cotterpin aint around to buy it and cut up into some overly smoothed "used bar of soap" looking p.o.s.

20. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

Nice..........

21. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What he said !

22. SANTO_DIABLO

SANTO_DIABLO

.....Wow...just Wow....

23. phukinartie

phukinartie

Man some of you guys, did you sit up in bed and tell your mom bullshit when she read
    Jack and the beanstalk to you?? My point is drink the kool aid and enjoy the ride!
    Thanks for the post ...Oh yeah 60 k is a bit much:)

24. RAY With

RAY With

No doubt its a neat car but Please!! 60K still goes a long way in the car industry and although this is one hell of a car it would never be worth that much on the market as I see it. Possibly guys with many millions of bucks may fine it feasible but I could never see it. If I was to own it you would see it on the road being shown off and used!.

25. Powerband

Powerband

Mmmm, nice original car ...

Here's my '50 next to a Cornbinder down the road. Mine's got WAYY more miles - @ 38,000... Had it since '75 , got it from friend of family, I used to help him with the car. Had original tires, other than paint even the muffler is original.

[​IMG]

26. Snarl

Snarl

Definitely one to put in a museum. Sometimes I think it would be great if there was a place you could go to see "one of everything" in its as intended state.

As for the air cleaner issue, keep in mind the painting they did on peripheral parts back then wasn't great. I've had many parts like that where the paint would just pop off in chunks...

I find it interesting that the color of the engine is a much darker shade of gray than you typically see on a "corectly" restored car...

27. just the tip of the iceberg. never know what will show up here's a 36 ford 5 window with a certified under 400 miles. it was purchased from the original owner in 1962 also

Attached Files:

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The son of the original owners of the 56 Mercury I bought says the mileage on the car is original, all around town.....63.000

29. She's beauty, the Chevy is nice too. :)