Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1950 Chev Invoice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike in tucson, Sep 17, 2015.

1. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

My Mom was cleaning out some storage boxes and came across this. My Dad bought this car in 1950, a new black 4 door Chev. Looks like he sprang for the sun visor....probably a week's wages.....and he traded in his 39 Chev. Kinda neat old document 1950-Chev-Invoice-Web.gif

2. backyardbeliever

backyardbeliever

Very cool paper....$375 trade in on a 39 chev sedan ....not bad

3. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That's cool, and even cooler because your Dad is the one that bought it. Get it framed and hang it in you garage.

4. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

I have been by the building where this dealership was located.....one car showroom storefront with a vehicle shop door to the left that is set back maybe 25ft from the street. I didn't go in but it looked like the shop had a wood floor. How many new cars could a dealer in a really small town sell in a model year? Maybe 20? He probably sold more pickups than cars. IF the old GM ratio that the dealer cost was 80.8% of sticker price were true, the dealer made what?....maybe $336 on the sale plus the profit when he sold the used car? My dad traded the '50 in on a '54 Chev and that one in on a '57. Good idea on the frame for the wall.

5. .23 for a gallon of gas back then. :)