Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1950 Cadillac/Oldsmobile Clutch

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by flatcrazy, Jul 31, 2019.

1. flatcrazy

flatcrazy

I am going to run a 1937 LaSalle transmission behind my 1950 303 Oldsmobile engine. I have everything but the clutch. Since the 1950 Olds 3 speed transmission is basically a LaSalle I assume that the stock Olds clutch is what I am looking for. Does anyone have a picture or a part number??

2. Fordors

Fordors

A Google search shows Clutch Exchange in Denver is a possibility for help, or you might contact Fort Wayne Clutch in Indiana.
    There are basically two different bolt layouts for pressure plates, one is called Long style with three pairs of holes equally spaced around the flywheel and Borg & Beck (which I expect you need) that uses six equally spaced holes. The bolt circle will vary depending on the diameter of the clutch assembly.
    Do you have a photo of your flywheel?
    If we can see what you have we should be able to determine what you need.

3. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo
    from Brooks Ky

Contact Chris or Dave at Kentucky Clutch.....they know everything there is to know about clutches and both are car guys. 502 955 9173

4. Great advice, use it.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. SHARKO

SHARKO

I am running a Long style with my 57 flywheel. I have run one with monster springs and then a stiff diaphram. I used Ford truck hydraulics. My latest setup is about 1600 lbs and I have gone to a Ram hydraulic throwout. It is real smooth and easier on the leg and the firewall. Exhaust heat used to kill my slave cylinder. Now with the internal cylinder and one insulated line its working well.