Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 buick 3-piece back glass install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1lowbuick, Jul 25, 2010.

1. 1lowbuick

1lowbuick

[​IMG]
    Today 07:59 PM
    1lowbuick

I just installed the 3-piece back glass on my 56r. i used a steele seal and glass from a different 56r. i had quite a hard time installing the glass but its in well sorta the center glass is in but the pass. side in is in but the rubber doesn't seem to fit tight on the glass on the bottom curve but on the drivers side it does. the seal is over the pinch weld all the way around. i cant slide the glass and i dont want to remove all 3 pieces and start over. its not real bad but its not like the drivers side or the center glass. so on to my next question when i install the s.s. trim around the window the bottom trim has clips that slide in between the rubber will that tighten up that gap on the glass? and the top trim that has nut and screw clip how should i go about getting them to line up with the holes in the car itself? i thought there were holes in the rubber and if there were there not lining up. so i dont want to start pokeing arround and possibly damaging the seal. so any ideas on that?

THANKS
    1lowbuick

2. Hexadox

Hexadox

It doesn't sound like it's lipped over enough. Did you have someone putting firm pressure on the glass as you were roping it in? I've often had to slap the hell out of the glass to get it properly in place. It's a scary thing to do if you've never done it before but it's fine as long as you use the flat of your palm and stay behind the rope, never slap or apply pressure where the rope is still in place. I once did a mustang back glass that was so stubborn my palm was red and tingling for a coupla hours afterwards. If you've got strong fingers you can try pulling back on the rubber on the inside while your helper pounds the glass on the outside.

3. 1lowbuick

1lowbuick

i will have to try the finger trick because the rope is out of the seal.

thanks Hexadox

see ya
    1lowbuick