Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 4 Door Merc Build...Sort Of.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRod 50, Jun 6, 2010.

1. sickkkkkkkkkk loving the build keep updating us will be following this build

2. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

That dash is really cool! Clean and simple but perfect.

3. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Good for you for deciding to do it right instead of bailing or half-assing it like the previous owners did.
    All the changes so far are definitely in the right direction.
    It sucks to choke up the money now, but in the end you can be really proud that you SAVED that car and made it your own.

4. HRod 50

HRod 50

Check out the new Steering wheel.. Going to be painted to match...

Attached Files:

5. HRod 50

HRod 50

Cleatus,

Thanks for the kind words. Man, when you're dropping as much money as I am, you need reassurment every bit along the way. I'm not building my car, but I'm sure if you asked Rick, he'd tell you I'm about as involved an owner, as an owner can be without picking up a hammer and dolly, paint gun, or whatever..

I'm glad you guys are liking it.. Remember, the car is not going to be painted for a couple of years, but it is going to look different and much better IMO when I pull it out of Extreme Kustoms.. Oh and it's going to be Mine, minus the Sclames...hahahah

6. New dash is great... the old one made baby Jesus cry...:D

7. Hey how did you get those pics of your new dash ????????

8. drtyler

drtyler

Nice steering wheel!

Very impressed with how far the car has come. I know you can't wait to cruise in it!

9. HRod 50

HRod 50

I thought you sent them to me. or was it Sam? Hell I dont know, it was texted to me. Strange number! Maybe Carrol? or maybe the girl at the Italian Restaurant? You guys not telling me something?..hahahah

10. Stopped by this thread to see what's happening; the dash looks like it's going to be nice.

Sorry to see the bordello interior go... I was overtaken with a sudden urge to buy a lap dance when I saw it!

Seriously, I think it's looking great; you're picking out some nice looking stuff and should be pretty proud of the look that you've designed.

-Bill

11. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Props to you for knowing your limitations and for collaborating with a good builder who you can work with to make your vision a reality. Also, props to you for deferring to the builder's judgment when your vision may go a bit awry.

Your car is looking good man, classy and tasteful.

When I need dental work done, I go to the dentist because I can't do my own. Guys like you keep good builders in business. Keep us posted on the details

12. HRod 50

HRod 50

Lap Dance,,, hahahah... Awesome!!!

Thank you for the positive reinforcment. Obviously Rick, at EXK, has had his input on everything, but I've had the idea of what I want the car to look like, and Rick has helped me reach that, as well as the HAMB-ers on here.. I can't wait til you guys see the Bumpers, and grill I'm going with...

To be continued................

13. Damn, I saw this car on ebay a while back too, I somewhat liked it bust absolutely hated the interior and graphics, Im really glad your giving it some love, and i bet along the way, your learning stuff too. I cant wait to see it done.

14. Toner283

Toner283

Looking good, you took that car & saved it, no doubt.

The guy who put that camaro dash in that merc needs to be run over with that merc. why would you fugly up a car like that. the new dash looks great so far.

Here is a link that might give you some idea's on how to spend even more $$$ :D

http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/mercury.html

Click on any year & then click on the description. Lots of idea's & different style's of merc's. Including a bunch of 4dr's. Ignore the 4dr haters, build on.

15. fbama73

fbama73

Man, those dashboards are marginal in Camaros! In the Merc, it was ghastly. With the investment you're making in undoing the previous fuckery perpetrated on that car, leaving that dash would have been like a turd in a punch bowl.

It also would have defined the car. That's what people would have remembered. I don't know how much the dash is costing you, but it's a bargain- trust me.

16. HRod 50

HRod 50

Shift Knobs..... I have 2. One, "The Skulled Mercury Man" is for the pinups, strippers, mommas with babeys, one nigh stands, etc etc etc, and the Hand Carved "Dominican Mercury Man" ( Me ) is for the college graduates, women with no children or dogs, working women, etc etc..

Attached Files:

17. skoh73

skoh73

Holy shitballs- that carved knob is INCREDIBLE!!! Amazing craftsmanship! I'd be afraid to use it. Well done.

18. mackster

mackster

Great you stuck around! i just read this whole thread! i will get to see you cruising so cal soon!I will hit you up! nice to meet you. Mack G.

19. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

HAHAHAHA...you crack me up buddy...hey your dash is looking good see ya soon hopefully...

ps- I like the carved Dominican Merc Man, but he looks to have grown a pair of rabbit ears :(

20. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

glad to see your giving the old girl some love!

21. HRod 50

HRod 50

Front End getting put back on.....

Attached Files:

22. HRod 50

HRod 50

Getting There..

Looks like A DIFFERENT CAR LOWERED..

Looking Gooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

23. loves this build its a whole new car hopefully see u at a show soon

24. HRod 50

HRod 50

Thanks... Its getting there..

25. groove

groove
    from kelowna BC

Right on. Hope you get to drive her soon.

26. crapshoot

crapshoot

great job on fixing it right,it looks alot better

27. zep058

zep058

Looking heaps better with the new wheels and a height adjustment.

28. HRod 50

HRod 50

Hey All,

Went by the shop today to drop some parts off, new weatherstripping, and bear claws. Rick at Extreme Kustoms wanted to show me the steering wheel on the column, and how it looks in the car with the new dash. Rick, and I are also going to do alittle more than I had planned. Should look good.. Here's what I saw today..

My Baby laying on frame rails...

New Steering Wheel, and new Center Cap..

Attached Files:

29. Toner283

Toner283

Looks about a zillion times better with that dash. you are doing the right thing with this car, it is looking better every time I check this thread. the wheel looks cool too.