Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 4 Door Merc Build...Sort Of.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRod 50, Jun 6, 2010.

1. HRod 50

HRod 50

I don't know what you mean, but I'm going to keep my vented windows, front and rear. We'll probably clean it up, but keep them....

2. koolkat54

koolkat54
    from Visalia Ca

yea Hrod 50 dont let people give you shit, theyre just jealous man, im in the same boat i dont know as much as i would like to know but every chance i get to learn, i do it, im only 19 but i'll learn, keep at it and dont let no one put you down :)

3. fbama73

fbama73

^ Yep! Don't think of learning these things as a huge mountain that has to be climbed. Think of it as one step at a time.

And it's a journey that never ends- no matter how much you know, there's always something to learn. That fact is one of the best things about this hobby....err...life.

4. Crey

Crey
    from Tejas

Man, that frame was fucked. hahaha
    I bet your asshole puckered when you saw that bullshit.... mine did.

Keep it goin man, you'll be so glad you took care of that shit when it's done!

5. I seriously doubt that jealousy has anything to do with it.

6. lord you really are dumping a lota money into rebuilding this thing eh?

7. Keep posting pics, looks like it will be a great build.

8. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I say that you just make it into a two door since you're doing all this....

Straight30weight likes this.
  9. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

And if you don't use that air cleaner and want to get rid of it... I'LL TAKE IT if you wanted to sell it.

10. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Hope so.....

Glad you grew some thicker skin, this thread is inspiring.

What do you mean; you're not hands-on? You built a frikkin' wooden box :D !

Drive the wheels off it when done.

11. HRod 50

HRod 50

Yep, is there any other way to do it.. Do it right or dont do it at all....

12. koolkat54

koolkat54
    from Visalia Ca

yea drive it dont hide it

13. I was in Rick's shop the other day and can attest that he has done a tremendous amount of quality work on this ride. At the pace it is going I am guessing the owner will have the Merc he wants faster than he thinks.

14. HRod 50

HRod 50

That is the PLan... My poor truck isnt ever going to see the road as soon as I get my Merc.....

15. I was thinking the same thing.

16. mckustoms

mckustoms

I always liked 59 / 60 impala dashes. Like the hooded gauges.
    [​IMG]

17. slepe67

slepe67

As Bill the car farmer said...you gotta learn somewhere. If it wasn't for lawnmower powered mopeds, I never would have learned how to ride motocross. Which led to tearing the bike down to the last nut every winter. Which led to a msucle car, which led to the HAMB!

As they say, dig in and get your hands dirty. And in here, keep your eyes and ears open, and mouth shut :) You can learn a LOT from the older guys also. They've been there.

18. HRod 50

HRod 50

You guys are so original.. 2 door coupe Merc .. Hmmm, maybe I should try that. I should win some originality awards for a 2 door...

The only thing that will get me to lose my four doors, and/or even my top and go carson is if when we go to bare metal in 2 years, and there' a lot more bondo than we think. If not it's staying 4 door, and Rick Erickson is going to build the baddest 4 door Merc the world has ever seen. Trixie, Dixie, whatever......

19. Hey your body is back on its frame. I dropped your body a little depper over its frame by making some shorter body mounts so your rockers are now at the same level as your frame rails. Your car will lower to 1/2" above the ground as you wanted so it will still roll. Hope you like it.

Here's a few pics of some of the floor pan repair we did as seen from the top side. Rick

Attached Files:

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow what an improvement !!

21. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

22. HRod 50

HRod 50

Add to list:

32. New Gauges,
    32: Kustom Dash board

23. Wow, I just read this from the start. What an experience. I bet you can't wait to cruise in this one. Looks Good!

24. HRod 50

HRod 50

Thanks, and yes I can't wait.. I wish I wasnt out of dough or I'd be doing the body work this year.. Its look fine for now though... :)

25. HRod 50

HRod 50

Changed the interior as well. I went from the PIMP Velvet interior to a more traditional one. There's a pic of the seats reupholstered. My apologies for the picture as I took it with a cell phone camera..

Attached Files:

26. I like the "Pimped out" version,hahaha!!!!

27. Just got done reading the whole thread. Started out ugly.....but you came around and stuck to your game plan. Good idea!
    It looks like it's coming along great. Like the new stance. You should go with '51 skirts instead of '49 skirts though. They look much better,IMEO.
    Let's see some updated pic's!!!!!

28. HRod 50

HRod 50

DashBoard Update: Since all you kind opinionated folks made fun of my dash, and gauges. I thought I'd show you what your peer pressure has done.... I'm mad at you guys for making me spend more money, and seeing the light of my old dash just not being acceptable.. I never really like it to begin with.. Check out this progess... NewVintageusa.com ( Alliance Vendor ) gauges, in a 1950 Dash.. Wait til you guys see whe it is done.. I think you guys are going to love it. And if not :p!..

Rick "Extreme Kustoms" Erickson, You the Man!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  29. glassguy

glassguy

what bob said x2 on the 51 skirts

30. HRod 50

HRod 50

One More Dash picture update.. Just got it..

Attached Files: