Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949 Oldsmobile 98 Full Custom (125 in. Wheelbase)

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by mercmaniac, Jun 20, 2019.

1. mercmaniac

mercmaniac

City: Safety Harbor

State: Florida
    Price: SOLD !
    1949 Oldsmobile 98 Full Custom

This custom has been under construction for over 10 years and was recently completed in 2019. The custom work was professionally done by Terry Hill Customs in Albuquerque, NM. , who specializes in building high end customs. This Olds 98 started out as a New Mexico car from birth , so no rust whatsoever. There are lots of 88’s out there but very few 98’s hence the long, low and lean look of this jaw dropping custom.

Body has been sectioned 3.5 inches, top has been chopped 3.5 inches ,B pillars have been slanted forward, Rear quarter windows have been taper cut ,fender skirts have been widened over 3 inches and flush mounted, rear deck lid has been hand formed and sunken, front windshield has been widened at the center and uses ‘49 Oldsmobile glass, front wheel openings have been radiused, exhaust has been hand built and sunken into the rocker panels, visor has been hand built and flows into the roof beautifully , Hood has been peaked, door handles shaved, trunk shaved, all interior moldings cut and fitted, Cadillac front clip is so perfectly done it looks like it was factory installed Every weld on the car is TIG , ground and metal finished.

Car has Cadillac power steering, 4 wheel power disc brakes , power windows, power door locks, power door openers, ice cold air conditioning, ride-tech air suspension in rear, electric fuel pump, electric fan, tilt steering wheel, etc.

New 350 GM crate motor with Turbo 400 transmission and Ford Bronco rear end. Car has 400 miles on it since completed. A pleasure to drive.

Exterior finished in 2017 Ford Raptor Real Steel (gray) base coat (no metallic) / clear coat.
    Interior professionally done in beautiful Berry Patch leather (burgundy).

I know there many things I have left out, but I think you get the overall flavor of this one of a kind Custom. This is truly a car that needs to be seen by a person that understands and appreciates vintage customs and quality metalwork. Has won 2 Best of Shows in 2019. I can pretty much guarantee you won’t park next to another one at any show.

Harbor Hot Rods
    Mike Scheller
    727-687-5251
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    unclescooby likes this.
  2. mercmaniac

mercmaniac

Bumpity Bump

Joemama likes this.
  3. mercmaniac