Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 mercury front suspension

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by captjak, Feb 24, 2013.

1. captjak

captjak
    from washington

What front suspension should use on my 49 merc?
    I want to bag it. Using Jimenez bro 2 link in the rear.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Rusty anarchist

Rusty anarchist
    from Edmonton

Try using the search function. It will bring up all the previous threads of the different suspension types used. Welcome aboard

3. Series 3 Jag will do the Job.
    Can be bagged easy enough.

4. BRYANSAYER

BRYANSAYER

Check out extreme kustoms site. Rick has been building them for years. He invented a great merc 2 link set up that has plenty of articulation. He also has customized stock mercury A-arms that will help your frame get down to ground with bags.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013

5. Really??:rolleyes:

6. BRYANSAYER

BRYANSAYER

lifestyles i didn't mean invented the 2 link. I think G.M. did that! sheesh!!!! We are talking mercs here. He has been building them a long time,They lay frame.

7. captjak

captjak
    from washington

Bitch'n video. The caddy is way cool. I will think about the jag. I have 76 and I've been trying to figure out what to do with it.

8. Been bagging merc's for 20 some years and have seen and done just about every option you can think of. The Jag IFS is a decent choice and if installed correctly will handle better than 99% of all MII setup IMOP but the Jag shares some of the same negatives with MII when adding bags like limited real world wheel travel and limited to use bags that are on the small side to hold the weight of your merc. If you want your merc to drive very well with bags and you are willing to clip it use a 1st or 2nd gen camaro. If you do not want to clip it you might want to rake a look at my ball jointed stock a-arms. If interested in seeing some pic's let me know and i will post some.

GB, Erickson
    Extreme Kustoms 951 678-3520

9. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Hello Captjak Bill aka Tnomoldw

10. Does any one know how well does Ricks ball joint conversion handle? And how does it compare to the Jamco kit?

11. Why Oh why are you guys posting this in the INTRODUCTION forum?????? Do you not read well?