Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

1949 Merc

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Pufff, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Pufff

Pufff

Posting this for Cameron, a good friend of mine. A year ago Cameron bought a complete cherry, early 1949 Mercury 2dr in all original condition, needing nothing, with the completely rebuilt original flathead. No dents, no rust, cherry interior, etc... His intentions were to make it into a chopped custom. I like my Mercs chopped just like most everyone else, but this Merc is so original and clean that I couldn't chop it if it were mine. I told him my thoughts, and he has since been told the same thing by other hot rod and custom builders. Long story short, he would rather see if there was someone out there that has a nice chopped 2dr. Merc, that would rather have an original un-chopped Merc. So I told him I would throw it out for the HAMB guys to consider. Don't know if it is true, but the old man he bought it from said that it is one of the earliest 49 2drs on record? (not that it matters) I am posting a picture of the car together, and the other pictures are in stages of dismantling. If anyone has questions, you can call Cameron at 970-712-1810. If there is no interest in trading on the cherry un- chopped 49 Merc, he will be chopping it.

49.jpg 49-4.jpg 49-1.jpg 49-5.jpg

2. Slopok

Slopok

I hope whoever he gets to do it really knows what they're doin!o_O

3. Pufff

Pufff

Cameron has a rod and custom shop, so he will be doing the chop. He's just giving those guys that don't like chops a chance to acquire one.

Lasallefever and Pinstriper40 like this.
  4. Pufff

Pufff

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Pufff

Pufff