Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Ford Sedan Horn Mounting Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-rodster, Oct 18, 2013.

1. the-rodster

the-rodster

I'm putting my 49 back together, and something doesn't seem right. I have the horns, with the brackets that are attached, and the bolt/screws that go with them. I can't figure out where these are secured to the car. Is there another bracket that goes from the horn to the core support? Does anyone have pics?

Thanks,
    Rich

2. Colonial Coupe

Colonial Coupe

They mount on the drivers side rear of the hood on the hinge cross brace.

3. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

Thats on the '51 models only

4. I will try and get some pictures for you.
    But roughly explained, they mount on the radiator frame and the brackets goes into the grille hole so the horns hangs in grille opening just below where the electrical brackets should be and above the fresh air intakes. Should be some square holes where the brackets should pass through.

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

I asked the question on shoeboxfords.com and someone posted a pic of the bracket.

I searched all over, and couldn't find where I put them, they looked pretty simple, so I decided to just make them.

When I was looking through my stash of scrap steel, guess what, I found one of the brackets.

I made another to match, and I'm good to go.

Thanks,
    Rich

6. dan c

dan c

look at the sheet metal that supports the radiator and you'll see rectangular holes (maybe 2" x 3"), one on each side. those are where the horns mount--horns on the grille side.