Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Ford Crash,Long Beach,Yesterday?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Oct 11, 2010.

1. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Thank God that they both are still with us today. That looks like it was a horrible crash. My prayers go up to both of them for a quick recover.

2. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

This really makes me so sad :(

I hope everyone involved is going to be ok. I like this kustom and it breaks my heart seeing what happened to it...I know how it feels to have your kustom totalled. Good thing nobody died! That steering wheel and passenger side shot scares the crap out of me!

3. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Damn im amazed anyone survived! They are truly lucky and i hope they both have a good recovery...Damn that was a nice shoebox but its true cars can be replaced and people cant

4. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Holy crap- that's a bad one!
    Prayers to all involved.

5. Hope the best in the recovery,and I gotta believe the car will come back bigger and better,or maybe a a different one to replace it......but like someone said ya can replace the tin not the skin...............

6. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Hope you all have a speedy recovery,, ...

8. hotrodtennis

hotrodtennis

Just saw the post, absolutely terrible. Thoughts and prayers to them and their families.

9. You said it right there. I don't really know Dave, but Dan is a friend of mine. A total goofball, but always willing to help someone out who needs it. He is still in ICU right now, who knows how long its going to be before he's on his feet. I hope we can somehow throw a car show, or start some kind of other fund-raising for him. He is going to need it. Nobody can afford to be out of work as long as hes going to need to be right now.

10. Very sad to see...

What caused the wreck?

Sam

11. I can feel that... I will throw in the first $50.....

12. tikistan

tikistan

What a bummer, I wish a quick recovery for both of them. I will pitch in some dough on a fundraiser also.

13. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

WOW, it is amazing that the passenger survived. I wouldn't put a lot of credence in the DUI accusations, the Press-Telegram has been known to get the story twisted. Praying for a speedy recovery.

14. elrobbo

elrobbo
    from washington

one of my closest friends Dan "Ren",was the passenger.He is one strong willed pain in the ass he will pull through and be on the road to recovery soon..
    Robbo

15. SixFive

SixFive

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that car being displayed with a full wet bar which no doubt would have ended up everywhere after an impact like that. Maybe thats what they are going off.

Wishing everyone involved a speedy recovery, Damn shame.

16. brock

brock
    from So-Cal

Amazing to come home from visiting at the hospital and find 6 pages of prayers and thoughts for someone... Dan (the passenger) is in good spirits despite all the pain and so far looks like he won't need any surgery. Unfortunately, he's gonna be laid up for at least three months and, for a diesel mechanic, that means no income. Although things are a bit hectic right now, many of his friends are already trying to figure out a benefit show or some other way to help them through the next few months while he recuperates. I'll try to keep the HAMB posted and I'll be sure to let him know the kind words and support being shown by so many on here when I see him tomorrow. Thanks everyone for being a great community and supporting one of our own!

P.S. -- Dan's List.....
    -L2 vertebrae fractured
    -Tailbone fractured
    -Pelvis cracked in three places
    -Left ankle fractured
    -Right ankle unsure
    -And an ass ton of stitches and staples

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  17. Ouch!! That looks just BAD!! Fingers crossed and prayers sent..

18. Muttley

Muttley

Praying for a speedy recovery to all those involved.

19. 63Compact

63Compact

Thats horrible to see good luck on the recovery.

20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Damn dude... So sorry.. I'm glad you guys are still with us..

Is that his list or yours?

21. WOW scary wreck, my thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends of the two people involved. I hope the passenger has safe, healthy, and speedy recovery.

22. best wishes for a speedy recovery guys...

23. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Prayers sent and hope for a fast recovery.

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool to hear that everyone will be ok, that is a blessing. I've sent the information around to other kats so you have a lot of guys praying for a speedy recovery.

Happy Trails, Mick

25. Hang in there Dan!!!! You're gonna be sore for a while....

26. Does anyone know Daves condition ?

27. sololobo

sololobo

Tragic, but thank God not fatal. The Lobo healing ray is beaming out to California to help get you well. Hang in there amigo's, we are all pulling for you. ~Sololobo~

28. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

SO, sorry. I met dave and dan at mastersons, and got to see the interior getting done across the street, glad you guys will recover, thankfully noone was killed that looks horrible.

29. :eek: That looks so f'd up. Glad those involved survived and my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I saw that car at Ventura a few times, it's a shame it won't be seen again, but as everyone is saying, cars can be replaced people can't.

30. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

After watching the video and seeing the pic I got a little chuckle out of him flipping the bird. Glad to see he is in good spirits...thank God Speed to and quick and complete recovery!!!