Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949 Dodge Wayfarer Coupe

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by cabong, Nov 24, 2020.

1. cabong

cabong

City: Caldwell

State: Idaho
    Price: 10,500 obo
    This very well preserved "Salesman's Coupe" was owned by my best friend for about 40 years. Unfortunately, he passed this year, and I need to sell the puppy. I would love to keep it myself, but circumstances will not allow.
    This car runs wonderfully!! It starts every time it's asked, and still retains the 6 volt system. Even the old cloth covered wiring is in fine shape. It has the fluid drive system, which still works great. Remember, "Even your wife can drive this car without jerking the clutch"....Not my words, but the advertising from 1949... It had not been driven for about 10 years when I picked it up, and the brakes were froze up. A couple thousand dollars later, and now they work fine... The interior has been replaced with a full LeBaron Bonney kit, and is very nice.
    The body carried most of the original paint, and has a few dents, but as you can see, nothing to get excited about... I had a painter friend do a light cut on the entire car, and then a good wax with yellow Carnuba. When I went to pick it up, it was sitting in the spray booth. Crap, I didn't want it clear coated... My buddy assured me, no paint, only wax !!!!
    The glass is all good, and the seals still seal. It sat out in a bad rainstorm before I could get it in a garage, and it did not leak a drop, period !! Chrome and stainless is still okay, but not perfect.
    The engine runs, smooth, all the gauges work, and my buddy had split the exhaust manifold, so it sounds great.
    Notice that as a bottom of the line "salesman's coupe" it has the radio and heater delete !!

What this car will need is tires. Notice the trunk mounted warrantee tag, noting the date as 1977, and the mileage at 92K. The same tires are on the car, and the mileage is 101K..... The car is also for sale on Ebay...

Attached Files: