Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Chevy Questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Mar 28, 2008.

1. I have a couple questions, and I figured I'd ask them all at once. I need a radiator for mine, and I'm having a hard time finding one. What years will interchange? I took mine to get repaired, and I'm not even gonna post how much they wanted! Also, is there a spring that attaches to the brake pedal for it to return? If so, where might I find one? Thanks

2. Gerg

Gerg

3. sounds like you got no breaks. /pressure

4. Yeah, it's odd. The pedal is hard, stops the car fine, but the pedal remains down. The pressure stays in the line, the lights are still lit, if I pull it back with my toe it returns.

5. Gerg, thanks for the link. The radiators they sell are street rod stuff, I'm looking more towards something more original. I assume that 49-54 radiators will fit, are those the only years? How about trucks?

6. Try U.S. Radiator from out in California.

7. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard

Radiator, ('08 catalog) Part no. 3130944, 49-54 Chev, Copper/Brass $296.75. Chevsofthe40's.

8. Thank you-in my haste I clicked on street rod parts instead of restoration.

9. slam49

slam49
    from tulsa ok

there is a return spring on the brake petal, i just checked one of my frames. i have an extra spring if you want it

10. Running this one in mine, nice piece for the price, upper hose outlet is a bit small, I may have it replaced with a larger one (fine for 6cyl., I'm running a 350)

11. ...I've run these a couple times, they do have a small upper hose outlet but I've run em with V8's with no problems.

12. chopt49

chopt49

I have a recored 1949 Rad that I will not be using in my car.. if your interested we could work out a deal... it is just sitting here.