Hi all. After a couple of years driving my coupe around without the family i decided it was time to sell it and get a bigger car so the family could follow along. After a while a deal was struck on a nice 49 Buick. It had been in a small fire so it needed new paintjob and some new wirering. Plan was to take it apart paint it and put it together and drive it. Things got out of hand and one thing led to another and the next i was building a custom. This is how looked when i started pulling it apart. Every panel on it had some burn marks. I started thinking that i could just take of some badges, backup lights and clean up the trunk. Then that uggly gasfiller door had to go. After some talking with a good friend of mine it was decided that we move it to his shop for a bit of work. I am pretty useless at sheetmetal work so it felt good he was going to do the work. All marked up. At this point i got a little bit nervous and started to think i must be crazy doing this. We had to quickly put the roof back on so we could se the line we were after. Not realy sure how much we took out but it was about 2,5 inch. Once we decided on how much the roof was tacked together so work could start on the decklid. Thats all for now.