Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1949 Baby Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chucklz, Jan 31, 2009.

1. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

I have just acquired a 1949 Lincoln. I will consider this attaining my long term goal of owning a 49-51 Mercury. I am still riding the buzz that follows these moments. I have been hustling this for longer than I can remember. The list of stuff I have bought, sold and traded to get here is mind-boggling; cars, motorcycles, lawnmovers, guns, work, art, furniture, appliances, etc.

She is a 1949 Baby Lincoln. I don't know what the real model designation was. She has a 335 Lincoln Flathead with 3sp/od tranny. The guy I got it from hooked up a 12v painless harness and layed in some interior. He said he bought it from an estate in the Carolinas. It has a KKOA sticker in the window. Anybody recognize her or has any history can you forward or post the information.

Attached Files:

2. sweet little lincoln...congrats on the score...looks like a clean car...now the question is how ya gonna cut the grass without a lawnmower...and you won't have a gun to scare the kids off of your lawn if you do get another lawnmower...but it's worth it...we have all done the massive liquidation in order to not miss out on the car that we really want...way to go

3. Really nice. Bet you´re smiling!

4. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

Sweet!
    I saw that one for sale...said it was built by the folks at Hot Rod and Custom supply in Florida in 1985. Do you have any plans for it?

5. looks just like the one I worked on in my shop about 15-20 years ago, but probably a different one.

6. tr12

tr12

haha thats the truth

7. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

KILLER!!! Those Lincoln's have a lot of personality.

8. Nice car!

I like those lincolns more than merc , because it has the face that only mother could love :D

My pal just chop his 4d sport sedan , and lowered it to weeds , it´s going to bee cool car for next summer to cruise.

9. I like those Lincolns awhile back I seen a 49 black conv. with a white top sitting next in a drive way near World's End Park in Pa. went back to fnd it and it was gone.

10. Squablow

Squablow

Cool. I have a '50 coupe but it's hit in the front, I want to put it on a Mercury frame with a Mercury front clip.

What is the orange bar under the dash, with the ignition switch to one side? Is that a light? Mine doesn't have that, very cool.

11. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

That's what he said.
    Was it in FL?
    I thought they were on Merc frames? Those are the switches.
    I was hoping someone from KKOA recognized the car.

12. 50shoe

50shoe

was that car in MD or PA? its looks real familiar....

13. Squablow

Squablow

Nope, the Lincoln frame is longer and apparently has different front suspension as well. My frame is destroyed from the crash damage anyway but even if it wasn't it wouldn't work with the Merc front clip, the frame is longer and the wheels wouldnt' line up in the wheelwells.

14. vertible59

vertible59

where in the carolinas was the lincoln located? a guy i knew in eden, nc bought one like that at the autofair in charlotte back in the mid '80s and was working on it when we moved back to ga. wonder if it's the same car...

15. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Lincoln. I have always wanted one.

16. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

Yup, from the firewall back they're the exact same as a merc (except w/better taillights), but the front is longer with a longer wheelbase/doghouse.
    Great score!! I would much rather have a baby lincoln.

17. Yep, they are 4 inches longer in the front.
    I have a '49 coupe.
    Doing frame off custom work now.
    Jag suspension front. Jag suspension/diff rear.
    500 caddy and auto.
    Chop to come as well.
    Even stock they are a very cool car.

18. Nice! I love the little Lincolns!

19. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I like those better than the mercs! they are something a little different but still just as cool.

20. smschriefer

smschriefer

"She is a 1949 Baby Lincoln. I don't know what the real model designation was."

The model was the Series 9EL and the body style number was 72 (2 door club coupe). Serial numbers for that model started at 9EL1 and went up to 9EL73559.

21. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I am no Lincoln expert, But i need to ask a question.

Is that the stock dash for a '49 Lincoln ?

I just accuired a bunch of stuff & in it was a large Chromed dash insert that was said to be '49 Baby Lincoln but is in no way like the dash in this car.

Anyone have a pic of a '50 & '51 they could post or send me?

I got the Dash Insert, Heater assy, & steering gear/Column that appears to have been from a car with a Hydra-Matic.

Thanks for any info [email protected]

Also I am Diggin the Mild Custom Job on Your Lincoln ! :cool:

22. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

baby lincolns came with ford engines which didn't have hydros. the bigger lincolns had the 337 motors which had hydros. so it looks like if it's 49 stuff, it's probably bigger lincoln

23. billjharris

billjharris

I think the model designation is a LIDO

24. Mine is a '49 "baby Lincoln" withe the 337 and chevy hydra.
    All original equipment. 9L series with 121" wheelbase .Body type 72 six passenger coupe. I have every manual that Lincoln put out from '49 to '51.

25. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

You have to put 49 Merc taillights in it.:D

26. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

My neighbor has a cherry 4 door 49 baby Lincoln. Much better looking than a Cosmo to me. He's bought a bunch of old speed equipment but hasn't assembled it yet. I love that car! He's got a spare 337. Maybe I should buy it...

27. Sorry to say but you are wrong. I'm working on my -51 baby-Linc and it is 337 and Hydramatic. http://public.fotki.com/RPW/1/51-lincoln-sport-se/

28. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Is his spare 337 for sale?

29. That's a sweet ride. I love old Lincolns. There was a blue one at Turkey Run and it was super nice .. just a hell of a ride .. Lucky Dude.

30. phukinartie

phukinartie

A friend of mine has a lincoln cosmopoliton convertable these look so cool!!!! nice car!