Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1949-54 chevy front wheel well splash guard?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WilieE, May 14, 2018.

1. WilieE

WilieE

Hey guys. So I am rebuilding a 54 chevy 210 and the rear edge of the inner fender panels have large staples which at one time held some type of rubber seal. My question is what was it? I have searched the internet for pictures but can not find any. Steel Rubber Products sells "masticated rubber" by the 4 sq foot unit and I keep thinking that perhaps there is a large flap that might keep water and mud from splashing against the front door jambs? Any help /pictures are appreciated. Thanks!

2. My 54 150 these staples held an anti squeak rubber. Use two layers of duct tape about a half an inch wide. Call it good. Unless your going to Pebble Beach with it.

3. Can't help with those inner fender seals but I know that the 51 Chev I had used some sort of rubber anti sqeak there but more importantly make sure to have some sort of seal at the cowl belt line where the cowl and door kick out...from memory the seal is called a "J" seal and stops water from running or dripping into the car about where the door sill plate is........water runs down the front pillar and the seal redirects it........ the ones for the 51 were repo'd, well at least they were in the mid 80's.......lol...........andyd

luckythirteenagogo likes this.
  4. WilieE

WilieE

5. atomickustom

atomickustom

My car still had the rubber. It was pretty thin. Just about anything will do as long as it stays in place.

6. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

My 50 has holes that look like they could be from staples, but the holes are all that is left.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Check Chevs of the 49s catalog ,they have pictures and the parts

8. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

get some rubber roofing membrane, cut to fit, bend some wire in a U shape, attach. will keep some water out while driving in a rainstorm.